Wednesday, 19 October 2016

MAY-OCT UPDATE

Here's for the third instalment of my little diary updates -  May to October 2016. I didn't intend to leave it over 5 months for another update but at least we have lots to chat about.

So last time we spoke I was so proud of my little friendship group -  12 of us who has the FUNNIEST lunches together and did some fab things  - going to an aqua park was a highlight for us all during the summer. However, we  have mostly gone in different directions now and I suppose it just shows how temporary some things can be, although I loved my group while it lasted. I'm still close to a few and sincerely hope that carries on, so in some aspects things are the same: I'm grateful to be around people I get on with so well and who genuinely care about each other.

In terms of boys - right now there is none. Surprisingly, I'm not too bothered -  I think right now is certainly the time for me to have NO distractions: university is looming, I have A levels to get through and the same part time Tesco job to balance. I get jealous sometimes of my friends who are clearly very happy with a boyfriend, but I think it's definitely time to take my mum's advice: I've got the rest of my life for that !!

I also touched on driving last time. I'm 17 now and started learning to drive in July, a month after my birthday. My test is booked for just over a month's time and I think I'll fail it to be honest, but I'll see how it goes anyway. I said I was excited for Kelan to pass too  - he did just that in June and it's the best thing ever. We went to Leicester the other day and made it there and back alive - it certainly was a bonding experience and I had such a fab day. My friend Lauren (if you've read my blog for a while, I think you'll remember her) passed too and her car has the CUTEST pink stereo. It makes me happy that we can listen to music together in her 'glamourmobile'.

I made it through all my AS exams and I've learnt from my mistakes of last year: I said I'd be happy with AAAB but I got ABBB, with the A being in Business. Heartbroken me didn't work as hard as possible I don't think, and I definitely spent TOO much time sulking. For that reason, I've 'hit the ground running' this year. I'm trying to start the hard work now and keep it up all year. I must admit, doing so with a part time job is hard work. I think people overlook the difficulty of sixth form - you're trying to develop yourself, get fab grades that you keep with you for the rest of your life, earn sufficient money to support yourself mostly, have a social life, and learn to drive. Not to mention all the extra bits like work experience and volunteering you're expected to fit in along the way. I'll probably look back on this when I have a full time job and bills and laugh at myself though.

Everyone is applying for uni now and to be honest I don't think I'm ready. I'm going to take a gap year, but still apply I think and then defer entry. I'll see how it goes, but I've decided on a course: geography and management.

I think that's all for my update: so Year 13 is well under way, I'm still working at Tesco, and I'm learning to drive. Maybe I'll next update you Christmas time?

Megan x


2 comments:

  1. Hi Meg this is lovely, thanks for mentioning me as one of your best mates so many times !! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article, thank you for the sharing

    GlassesShop

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x