Wednesday, 14 January 2015

THE WINTER SKINCARE ROUTINE

It might just be my annoyingly dry skin, but during winter time it seems to go absolutely awol - and leave me with flaky patches, sore sections and a very dull complexion in general. About a week ago (come on, I know you sang that) my skin got to the worse it has ever been, with my forehead becoming inflamed, dry, and really sore, around my eyes as well. Therefore, I called an emergency trip to Boots, in order to purchase some products that would save my skin from death by dryness. They've worked their way into my daily routine, and for once, I'd say I'm happy with the little selection of products I'm putting to use every morning and night.

Morning -  Generally, my morning routine goes a little like this -  I do a single cleanse with either the Boots Botanics Micellar Water, or The Body Shop Cleansing Oil, depending on whether I feel like a deeper clean or a once over sweep with a cotton pad. I rinse whatever I use off with a flannel, for a bit of gentle exfoliation, and then apply some of the Boots Botanics Skin Relief Ultra Calm Serum. I find this so effective at quite literally, calming my once inflamed skin and insuring the deadly dry patches do not reoccur. This goes around my eyes, cheeks and forehead. If I feel like it, I also pop on some of the EsteĆ© Lauder Perfectionist Wrinkle Lifting Serum just around my eyes, as I know I'm very young for an anti-aging product, so I find it wasteful to apply all over. Then, on goes the Ultra Calm Night Moisturiser - I tend to use this over a day moisturiser as generally, night variations are thicker and I find, more hydrating.

Night - In the evening, I usually aim to remove my makeup as soon as I get in from school, as I don't see the point of keeping it on my face if I'm not going anywhere and am lounging around. To do so, I do a quick first cleanse with the Boots Botanics Micellar Water, the most gentle micellar water I've found. It takes off waterproof mascara for the most part, but I feel like I do really need the help of the Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil. I've been through 3 of these now, and I find them absolutely perfect -  I'm hesitant to use anything else because it is so effective. One pump does the job, and I massage this into the skin for a few minutes, which is both relaxing and cleansing at the same time. I ensure to use a flannel to wash it off with cool water, and use gentle circular motions for exfoliation as well. Then comes the moisturising and serum application, which is exactly the same as the morning. The only difference is that I sometimes go for an extra serum on top right before I go to sleep, which isn't pictured  - the Dr Lewinns Miracle Radiance Serum. I haven't been using it long, but from immediate results it provides a glow I really like come morning.

For a little skin treat every Sunday, I apply the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. I absolutely love this and have been using it for a year now, and although I never get the same results as the first time I used it, I still apply it weekly for radiant pick me up. It also smells amazing, which never goes a miss.

Do you use any of these products in your skincare routine? Anything you'd recommend for dry/dull skin?

Megan x

Follow on Bloglovin



9 comments:

  1. I love the Boots Botanics range, the products are so nice especially their Mattifying gel cream! x

    http://www.prettythingsbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine in the summer that would be great for my skin!x

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love The Body Shop cleansing oil as well, it's a true gem :) Did you by any chance already tried the Emma Hardie cleansing balm? I've noticed a massive change in my skin since I started using it, it looks so much more radiant and healthy.

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually, I've wanted to for a while though, sounds so amazing - thanks for the recommendation Sanja!xx

      Delete
  3. Yay glad to see you are an Origins Drink Up mask fan, it's talked about so much all with good reason though when my skins dry it just gives my skin an added boost of hydration. The Boots micellar water sounds lovely always looking for a cheaper alternative to Bioderma :) Xx

    http://www.rinicawrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used the same botanics serum a couple of years ago and I loved it x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Body Shops cleansing oil xo

    Jenny | That Northern Gal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried any of these products but I love using coconut oil on my face as a moisturizer (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to try body shop chamomile as it looks amazing, and origins are just miracle workers for whatever need- I love them for spots! xxx



    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x