Monday, 26 January 2015

THE NUDES YOU NEED


Generally when I paint my nails, a nude or a deep colour is what I reach for. Gone are the days when I'd slather on some neon pink nail enamel on my stubby tips - I like to keep it classy (although I can't deny a good bright colour in the summer). I'm always on the hunt for variations of skin tone to try, but I've narrowed this edit down to five nudes you need, from my quest so far.

The first is the Balmain Nail Couture in Nude*. This is the perfect balance between grey, beige and pink, and is quite pale compared to the rest. It's so beautiful, from the formula to the bottle, and Balmain is a brand I'm always oogling fashion wise as well. At £14.95, yes it is pricey, but the luxe feel and gorgeous colour is so worth it.

Secondly, is the cheapest Rimmel Lets Get Nude 60 Second Nail Polish. From the Rita Ora collection, this was a complete impulse buy a good few months ago. I've done a NOTD on this before, and the love is still going strong for this shade - a sheer, camel nude that looks so classy and fresh on the nails. It's great for school as well if you aren't allowed to wear bright colours, as it is really subtle but can also be built up in 3 coats to a semi-opaque shade.

Thirdly, And Other Stories Orchid Mauve. This might be bending the rules of 'nude' a little, as it's more of a pale lilac pink, but I wear it as often as the rest of my neutral colours, so therefore I thinkit deserves a spot here. It's a mauve based nude, that is a little darker, but still really beautiful on the nail. The formula is thick and opaque within 2 coats, and they're £5 a bottle.

Next we have Nails Inc Porchester Square -  ah, the blogger classic. I purchased this in a Madrid Sephora in the summer, and it's always a shade I go back to if I'm feeling stumped about what to use (having 250+ bottles of nail polish does have its disadvantages). It's a more lilac/beige nude, that is unbelievably glossy and the formula has to be the best out of all five.

Lastly, OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh. I must have had this for at least 2 years now, yet I definitely have not fallen out of love with it. I'd say its my favourite, being a dull, paler nude that suits my skin tone perfectly. I just love it.

What are your favourite nude nail polishes? Any I should try?

Megan x

7 comments:

  1. These are all such stunning shades! My favourite nude is Cover Girls 'always nude' it's such a lovely shade.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivory Queen by Ciate, it's a beautiful peachy/pink shimmery nude. I have quite fair skin and am always a little sceptical when looking at nude shades but this is no.1 on my list of nudes atm

    Hope xx
    hopecoyne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a nude nail varnish, I particularly like the look of the Rimmel one x
    graciousghost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love nude nail varnishes at the moment, the rimmel one looks so nice x

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love nude polishes! i really love OPI's tickle my france-y. it's a gorgeous mauvey nude.

    brooke | brooke elise beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Porchester Square is one of my favourites too! Models Own do a beautiful lilac-ish nude called Utopia and I really like that as well :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love nude nails! The Rimmel 60 second looks like the perfect nude to me!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x