Thursday, 8 January 2015

AN ODE TO NYX BUTTER GLOSSES

 For us British, NYX was a brand that was rather hard to come across in the UK. I'd always hear our American counterparts raving of various products, but never did I expect to be able to own any, as up until about a year ago they were very much a USA exclusivity - although I could be wrong. Anyway, in the Next sale, I saw my local stand was completely discounted from top to bottom. Setting spray for £3, illuminators for £3, blushes for £2, lipsticks galore... so it was rather unsurprising that I've managed to make a bit of a collection out of the products I've gained since Boxing Day. (Which I think now includes 8 Jumbo Eye Pencils, 5 Butter Glosses, 2 Lipsticks, 1 illuminator and 1 setting spray -  wow, that sounds excessive in a list).

The three Butter Glosses I have to share today were my first purhases, and consist of Créme Brulee, a pale pink, Tiramisu, the perfect pinky nude, and Peach Cobbler, a searingly bright peach. Normally, lip glosses are not to my taste, mainly because of the bloody typical wind in hair situation that ALWAYS happens. Although this variety is no different in terms of barnet-to-gloss stickiness, they're absolutely amazing. Somehow, they're remotely longwearing (around 3 hours), and provide a buildable pigmentation, as well as buttery (as the name suggests) texture that is neither too slippery or too thick. Tiramisu is certainly my favourite, as it is the exact same shade as my lips, but with shine of course. Since I've owned these, they've been part of every lip combination to date, and I'm enjoying them so much so, I've gone and purchased two more in Angel Food Cake and Red Velvet. Oh, and I forgot to mention - I paid £2 each for these. Nope, your eyes are not deceiving you -  £2 is what that just said; so I suppose buying 5 isn't too detrimental.

Have you tried any NYX products before? Anything I should hunt down from the line?

Megan x

10 comments:

  1. love, love, LOVE butter glosses. they're absolutely my favourite gloss. if you're able to get any more NYX bits, try their radiant finishing powder and their soft matte lip creams!

    brooke | brooke elise beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are my favourite! Creme brulee is a must have for my handbag :) xx
    LemonaidLies - Lifestyle & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creme brulee is absolutely gorgeous! I really love the sound of these xx

    Charli | Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger at CHARLI B

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are my favorite glosses! they smell so good too! x

    Annie | www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got such an amazing deal on all of the NYX stuff - consider me jelly! I only have one of these (Peaches and Cream), though I keep meaning to pick up more. I fricken adore the stuff!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love tiramisu! It is such a pretty and unique shade for a gloss
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These colours look gorgeous, I haven't tried anything from NYX but it's definitely a brand I'll be making an order from soon! x

    http://prettythingsbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow they are beautiful and what a successful bargain snap up xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm also not a big gloss person, but I LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so pretty! I've wanted to try NYX for the longest time! Need to get my hands on some products x

    Kat from Blushing Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x