Friday, 19 December 2014

THE FOOLPROOF £50 PARTY OUTFIT

As I began to gather my recent purchases and plan blog ideas, I thought to present to you my failsafe Christmas ensemble, in under £50.

The dress here is a short, black and silver sparkly mini. I love the sleeves in particular, as they are 3/4 length and the whole garment is so comfortable and versatile to wear. This cost a teeny £25 from Monki, and it's such a staple I can vision myself styling for a long time.

For shoes, I am planning to pair my H&M heels with most party season combinations. They were £14.99, and literally my perfect shoe -  not too high, black, and minimalistic.

To complete the look, I've chosen some jewellery bits I've had for ages: a Miss Selfridge chain (around £4 at the time) and some H&M rings (around £4 rather recently). I also chucked in a nail polish as a little touch, of which I chose the Rimmel Rita Ora Nail Polish in Lets Get Nude (£3.69). This is such a Kim Kardashian bare shade, that looks especially good on longer nails.

Altogether, this ensemble costs just over £50. For a versatile party outfit that can be worn again and again, I think that's pretty darn reasonable.

What do you think?

Megan x

8 comments:

  1. That dress is absolutely stunning! I especially love the rings, I really want to try to get into silver rings, I only seem to wear gold ones xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I absolutely love silver jewellery, perhaps even more than gold!x

      Delete
  2. This is a great party outfit! It's nice to see some budget options. Plus I love 3/4 length sleeves. Good find!

    asideofcomfort.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori! Budget options are the best options haha, and yes - 3/4 length sleeves are perfect!x

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of Monki before but that dress looks so nice! x

    http://www.prettythingsbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! Glad I've enlightened you on the brand! This is the only garment I own from them, but I must admit I spend hours on end browsing their website!x

      Delete
  4. the dress is so lovely!! x

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x