Tuesday, 30 December 2014

THE 2014 ROUNDUP

 
2014 has been quite a good year for me, although I don't like to judge how my year has gone, mostly because I forget what has actually happened in it, and also as I like to live without thinking of what has happened in the past. Saying that, I thought I'd hop onto the bandwagon of '2014 roundup' posts, and produce one of my own, with 5 things I hope to do/continue into next year I learnt from the last -  scary stuff.

1. Working hard DOES help you achieve your targets: this year, after completing a science GCSE early, I revised for a solid 6 weeks and came out with an A* -  and I really do not like the subject. As for me, this year is the year I have to sit my exams and work as hard as possible (without overstressing as I tend to), that result gave me the boost I needed, to confirm to myself that I can actually achieve my high targets, with hard work.

2. Revision, revision, revision: as just mentioned, I've learnt that preparation is essential, so this year will be the year I 'knuckle down'. I've got a timetable in place and mocks approaching, so lets hope 2015 allows me to succeed as well as last year.

3. Keep it up: the one on everyone's list - keep up blogging. I am literally kicking myself for not giving 100% in the last few months on here, because 2014 could easily have been the year I met 1000 followers, which has been my all time goal, since I started 'Meganails' in 2010 *dies inside*. Too often I become demotivated and compare my blog to others, which makes me really frustrated that I can't afford the latest releases, and I don't have a photographer to take outfit posts, or the money to buy a new blog design or the skills to mess with HTML -  but I need to remember that 900 of you seem to like it, without all the fancy bits and bobs. Although I'll have a workload to cope with, I really do want to be motivated with my little internet space and provide two quality posts a week, at least. I think that starts with buying a blogging book, which I've heard is actually a brilliant way to create meaningful and planned posts, that take time and effort. I did have one before, although I think I'm in need of a revamp - TKMaxx, here I come.

4. Do what makes ME happy: I feel like it all to often I almost hide what I really like to do, because I'm sure you'll all know that being at school does have a tendency to make you conform to the expected social standards of a teenager. Nobody really knows about my blog apart from about 8 people, and I think when people make fun of it, I shouldn't be knocked - it's my hobby, just like some play football or dance. This year, I want to be proud of it, and share what makes me happy with more people. I might even go as far as starting YouTube... woah, I know.

5. Sixteen & Cornwall: these are just two things I am looking forward to in the coming year. I'll be turning 16 (right in the middle of exam season, aren't I lucky?), and the annual Cornish holiday will be happening again. I literally look forward to that week out of the year, because I don't really like flying, but Cornwall is like a little British Paradise with the cutest coves, and tan-enabling weather. That is of course, if it is sunny there. I have family down there too and in general, I just love the place. My only qualm is that there is not a H&M or Topshop for miles down there, although I think a break from retails is probably much needed for a shopaholic like me.

Overall, I'm rather please with myself for getting this far with blogging in 2014. Knowing me, I tend to go through phases of obsessions, but this one seems to have stuck. If you would have told me in 2010 that I'd still be writing posts 4 years later, I would have thought you were mad. But thank you all for commenting and reading my posts (here's the emotional bit). It means a hell of a lot that you lovelies leave kind words, and hopefully this year, will be the year I give 110% into The Beauty Pier (or Lady Tall... I want to do a name change but unimaginative me is struggling).

What are your plans for next year?

Megan x

11 comments:

  1. Revision is on my list as well, and definitely isn't a fun one! I know it'll help in the end, though. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's so monotonous at times! Good luck to you in your revision lovely x

      Delete
  2. I'm very much determined to revise a hell of a lot for my GCSEs this year! I'm very excited to see what comes of your blog next year, have a lovely new year Megan! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Alex, have a lovely new year as well! We shall be determined together haha x

      Delete
  3. Revision pays off a hell of a lot, no way would I have done so amazing in my GCSE's and AS levels without revision! Happy New Year!
    Jodie // La Lune Song

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Jodie, and well done, i hope it pays off for me as well!x

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your A*! I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog posts, Happy New Year :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth thank you! You've literally made my day!xx

      Delete
  5. First of all, thank you for your heart warming comment on my blog :') After mindlessly scrolling through fb with tired, heavy eye lids, thankfully today was a makeup free day otherwise I would have had serious panda eyes, I closed fb and lazily clicked on my emails and was stunned. I sat up, wide eyed, in shock on my bed. You made me day, thank you :)
    And congratulations on recieving your A*! I was nodding along whilst reading your points on revision but mostly on what make you happy and being proud of it. Lovely thoughts. Keep blogging as an escape when exams get tough, you'll need something stress free. Also search up cute food on Pintrest... weird, sorry. Or motivational quotes... Happy New Year!

    Hope xx
    hopecoyne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Hope no problem, isn't it lovely how one comment and make someone's day? Yours has just done the same to mine lovely, so thank you, and cute food? I'm going to search that right now, it sounds bloody amazing, how have I never found out about that before?!

      Thank you again Hope xx

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your A* & good luck in your GCSEs!

    Www.aliciajadex.com

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x