Tuesday, 23 December 2014

SHOES STAPLES #2 - THE LEATHER BOOT


A few weeks ago, I was contacted by Shoetique, and asked if I would like to pick a pair of shoes fomr their website. Of course I jumped at the chance, maybe even squealing as I read the email, as their site hold some brilliant brands, like Dr. Martens, Clarks, Hunter, and Barbour, among others. However, it was a brand I'd never heard of that caught my eye - Gabor. Knee high boots are so on trend right now, so I thought it would be wise to get a pair of my own. Although they aren't exactly over the knee, they come just below it, and are made of the softest quality leather. I got them in an 8, my usual size, and although they're a little too big, I'm quite pleased I've got the extra room, as it means I can wear some cosy socks underneath. I think a 7.5 would have been a better fit, although I could not see that size in stock on the website at the time. Another aspect to mention is the fit around the leg. These are a medium calf size, which is unfortunately the only calf size available on Shoetique (but directly from Gabor I believe there are three to choose from). They're a teeny bit big, but nothing unbearable, and I do have quite slim legs, so it was to be expected that they wouldn't be perfectly tight. Surprisingly to me though, they're actually not too bad at all.

Despite this, I'm besotted with them. They're called the Black Brook* boots, and retail at £150.00, although are discounted currently on the site. I must mention that delivery was also very speedy, and they actually offer free next day delivery on orders over £40, and a free two day delivery on orders below -  not something you see very often now.

I've been wearing these with jeans and festive leggings so far, although I can imagine they'd look brilliant with skirts as well. They're practical and fashionable -  what's not to like?

Megan x

PS. I do apologise the pictures aren't up to scratch. I tried so many times to take some arty shots of the boots but I found it so difficult. Note to self -  practice photographing larger objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x