Tuesday, 16 December 2014

KIKO HAULING

As I've talked about before, a few weekends ago I spent a Saturday in London. Being the capital, of course it was going to be busy, but oh my gosh... I've never seen anything like it. Shoulder to shoulder down Oxford Street from 9 o'clock in the morning to the same time at night.That said, I still managed to purchase some bits for myself, amongst Christmas presents. Kiko had a 30% black Friday discount code, so of course I made sure to take advantage and pick some lip bits up.

For less than £15 (the lipsticks were on offer at £2.50 and the lip liners on offer at £1.90, plus 30% off), I picked up 5 lippies (two not pictured as they were Lauren's presents), and two lip liners.

It was absolutely manic in the store, with crowds of people huddled around the gorgeous stand of lippies. Therefore, I had to grab my choices quickly. I thought I picked up two nice plums and a nude, although it looks like I came away with a bright orange and a red (907/908). Not my first choices, but still staple colours I needed anyway. I also got a nude, that actually SUITS ME. Yes, you read that correctly. A nude. That compliments my skin tone. Whaaaattt. It's a little deeper than your average nude, but it almost borders on the peachy variation of the Kylie Jenner lip. My cup of tea completely (901).

The lipliners were quick picks, and I knew I needed another KJ-esque shade to duplicate her look.  I picked up shade 700 Light Sienna, a peachy nude liner that works well with the nude lipstick. I've been using this on a daily basis, to slightly enlarge my lips and add a little bit of colour. The other is 710 Rouge Noir, a deep plummy purple shade that I purchased to coordinate with my favourite Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 107. They were so cheap I couldn't resist.

Do you have any Kiko favourites?

Megan x

6 comments:

  1. I love KIKO! One is coming to Cambridge which means I will be able to go their all the time! I haven't tried their lipsticks yet but they are next on my list. I love the nude colour you picked up. I always find it really hard to find a nude lipstick that suits me too! x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lip liners look incredible! I've only ever tried their nail polishes as a friend brought them back for me as a gift from Europe, but the formulation is amazing.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shades, and what an amazing deal you got! I've been hearing so many amazing things about Kiko. I wish I could get my hands on some of their products!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up the 'Lucious Punk' lipsticks and liner duo from Kiko, I actually love it! I think the pigmentation and staying power are great, 908 looks so gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely want to try the light sienna lip liner, I'm a big fan of the Kylie Jenner lips! x

    http://www.prettythingsbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't tried anything from kiko yet. I want to!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x