Sunday, 9 November 2014

LUMINIOUS BLUSH CHOICES

 
 
 
For me, blush has always been a favourite step in my daily routine. Sure, I miss it out sometimes in favour of a more bronzed appearance, but whenever I sweep some on those apples of mine it just works a whole load of wonders on my complexion, providing colour and glow. Although matte blushes are also incredibly gorgeous, I've always had a soft spot for the more luminous kind. Today I have an edit of my three favourites to share with you, in the aim of providing choices to give that healthy shimmer.
 
The cheapest of the bunch is a shade called 'Tease' by Makeup Revolution, at £1. Admittedly, the packaging is dire but the actual product isn't too bad. It is the most pigmented blush out of the three, that I would describe as a bright coral with subtle golden shimmer. Light handedness is key when applying this, but you really can achieve a pretty cheek sheen at such a bargain pirce.
 
Secondly in the swatch, is Mac Autoerotique. I realise now that this may be discontinued as I purchased it from a CCO, but if you can get your mittens on this blush I would definitely recommend you purchase it. It is more of a dusty dark pink, with a sheen that is neither silver nor gold. On the cheeks, this has to be my personal favourite. Sometimes I find products that I think were made for my skin tone, and this is one of them.
 
Finally, the much coveted Milani Luminoso. What a pretty specimen this compact of glow is *heart eye emoji here*. Although it is rather hard to find here in the UK, as Milani is a stateside brand (shoutout to Lauren for bringing it back for me from Florida), I'm sure you can find places to pick it up online - hopefully. This is by the far the most shimmery out of all three, and is practically a highlight with a slight peach undertone, instead of a blush. Either way, this can turn a dull complexion into a face that looks the like the sun is shining out of it. Really, it is beautiful *another heart eye emoji here*.
 
That completes my three picks for a luminous cheek. Any you can recommend?
 
Megan x
 

11 comments:

  1. I love Auroerotique-it's the most gorgeous flush! You should try MACs Well Dressed for a barely there luminescence!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh thanks for the recommendation, you enabler haha :) x

      Delete
  2. Milani blush is so beautiful! x

    www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Milani Luminoso has been a real fave lately! It takes loads to get any pigment but the effect is lovely!
    Allison from http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I defo need to try the make up rev one for that price, I tend to ignore packaging these days actually- my exterior shallowness has gone hahah xxx

    BlondeOfCarbs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous blushes! I absolutely love peachy shades for giving my skin a bit of a glow! I really want to try Luminoso, everyone who has tried it, loves it!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Luminoso it's been a big favourite of mine over the last month :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. real wishes: http://www.real-wishes.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x