Wednesday, 8 October 2014

THE BODY SHOP WILD ARGAN OIL SHOWER GEL/LIP BALM



A few weeks back my mum and dad had a couple of days in London, minus the children (*sobs*). They did hardly any shopping (how I do not know), but managed to bring me back a couple of new Body Shop items from the Wild Argan range. I've been trying out the Solid Oil for Lips and the Shower Gel for a while now, so of course here's a little heads up.

If I'm honest, the scent of these products isn't that enticing. It's rather perfumed, although definitely acquired and not something I love nor dislike. The formula themselves is what has won me over with the shower gel especially. The Shower Gel creates a decent silky lather, and also performs well when squeezed under a running tap, creating lots of lovely bubbles. The main reason I like to use this is because of the moisturising formula, as I'm usually too lazy to apply body lotion after being in the bath, so it provides a little bit of hydration to my legs after shaving. I'm not entirely sure what else there is to say about this, other than it's a lovely product to use and something I do recommend if you're after a new (slightly different) body wash.

For the Solid Oil Lips, I have another positive review. Despite the fact that the product does harbour the same scent, I still find it a perfectly good lip balm for the winter. It's not too thick nor too thin, and avoids the sticky lips situation which I'm sure all of us long haired girls in the wind will appreciate. There's no colour to the product apart from a slight orange tinge, but this certainly doesn't translate onto the lips, and instead just provides a nice sheen. Both products are £4, which I also think is a reasonable price point.

Any other Body Shop products I should try?

Megan x

5 comments:

  1. I recently purchased the body shop's camomile cleansing oil and I love it so far! It removes make up really well and leaves your skin soft and not at all oily, if you hate the feel of an oil based product though try the cleansing butter instead. Lovely post, the photo is so good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chamomile cleansing oil works wonders at removing your makeup so quickly, but the only problem is you get the blurry eye thing if you use it to take off mascara! The almond hand and nail cream feels so luxurious too!
    Jodie xo // La Lune Song

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard so, so much about the lip balm and it's something that's on my shopping list!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am intrigued now as to whether I will like the smell or not now and can't see why i shouldn't start with the lip balm ;) xxx




    Blondeofcarbs

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Argan range sounds really lovely. I usually find shower gels to be not that moisturising, so this one would be a great alternative! I'm too lazy to moisturise too :3

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x