Monday, 1 September 2014

A CORNISH GETAWAY

*Penzance*
I have been here too many times to count, since I was very young. It is very close to where we usually camp, and has a cute little town centre and beautiful sea front views.
*Hayle Beach*
On the first night in Cornwall, this was one of the closest beaches to us, so we spent the evening playing tennis and running down the sand dunes here. It's such a lovely beach -  one of my favourite places we went to, as it was so spacious and perfect for a bit of sport (not that I'm regularly sporty).
 *View from our converted barn*
We stayed in a converted barn, not far from Praa Sands for a week. My gosh, it was gorgeous. So airy and bright, with such a simple interior. It was expensive for the week, but certainly worth it - I can't believe we tortured ourselves with camping before!
*Maenporth Beach*
On the Sunday, we went to Maenporth Beach with my second cousins, it was a rather family affair. I'd never been but I'd definitely go again, because it was all you could want in a beach. There was of course the sea, a great little café, toilets (essential if you ask me), paddle boards for hire, and the best rock pools I've ever seen. I had a brilliant day there.
*Falmouth*
*Pendennis Castle*
*Porthleven*
This is an incredibly beautiful place. We spent the evening sitting on the beach, eating ice cream and paddling which was perfect. I feel like I'm saying the same thing every time with these places, but this one I was especially fond of. I just adore all of the little pubs and independent shops.
 
*Kynance Cove*
THE BEST DAY EVER. I cannot get over the beauty of this place, and I think I've decided I much prefer coves to beaches. They're just so quaint, and although it was packed there I did some swimming, exploring and sunbathing.
*Bobby the cat*
*Meeeeee*
 I hope you didn't find this post boring!
Have you been to cornwall or any of the places mentioned?
 
Megan x





5 comments:

  1. Honestly these photographs are stunning! I've been to Cornwall before, but I'm not sure whereabouts and these photographs are making me go 'I swear I've been there'. Seriously though, I love your photography, it's truly amazing!
    Jodie | La Lune Song

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are amazing! Seems like you had such a great time! I love Bobby the cat haha so cute! Looks like you enjoyed some lovely weather too! Abi :)MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photographs are so pretty! I love the look of little seaside towns.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah it is just so beautifulllll, I live on a seaside town but i haven't been to cornwall in soooo long and would love to ! xx

    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos!
    xoxo
    http://www.myrunwayfashionworld.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x