Monday, 18 August 2014

THE ULTIMATE DUO FOR YOUR PINS

Of all methods of hair removal, shaving has been what I've stuck with. Normally I make do with cheap BIC razors, but recently I decided to treat myself to an upgrade. Boots had a half price offer on these Venus & Olay products (the Sugarberry Scent Razor and Sensitive Shave Gel), so of course I had to investigate whether a fancy razor works better or just as well as the kind you buy in a pack of 12 for two quid.

The razor has 5 blades, which is quite a lot compared to the usual two or three in the ones I used to use, as well as two Olay moisture bars either side. These definitely help when shaving, as they offer an added skin boost when your legs feel a little dry. In terms of how well it performs, I'm not too sure what to say. It gets rid of hair easily (I only really do my legs and underarms) and I rarely have to go over an area twice. The biggest difference I've noticed is under my arms. Usually, other razors leave some yucky stubble that's still visible, but with this one it shaves very close to the skin and hair is almost unnoticeable. Thumbs up really!

For the shave gel, this was less than £2 at half price. Never do I usually bother with shaving gel (foam from my body wash does the job), so I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to what defines a good shaving gel from a bad. However, this certainly does foam and protect my skin from the awful shaving rash. Another thumbs up.

Since making the switch to a more expensive duo of hair removal products, I don't think I'll look back. My legs are one of my favourite features, so of course I don't mind treating them to some extra tlc.

What's your favourite method of hair removal?

Megan x

5 comments:

  1. This shaving gel sounds good - I have to use one or my legs get so many cuts!

    Laura | Laurzrah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shaving gel sounds good - I have to use one or my legs get so many cuts!

    Laura | Laurzrah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shaving gel is literally like HEAVEN I forgot how good it was, and I tried that razor too both products are literally amazing! xxx

    Blonde of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the razors with the shaving balm thing already around the blade, it makes shaving so painless and drag free!

    Jade x
    Beauty Butterfly | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use that shaving gel, it is such a good product. Have used this same one for months as this does the job perfectly.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x