Saturday, 16 August 2014

SMALL BEAUTY SPLURGE


Because for me summer is almost over and the sad thought of going back to school is replaying in my mind, I just *had* to have an obligatory splurge to ease the pain. A stupid justification I know, but don't tell me you've never done it, eh? I purchased some beauty bits from Superdrug, Boots, Asda and Next, so of course, here's the haul.

Firstly in Superdrug (purchased in Falmouth, Cornwall... how I wish I was still there) I got two Fudge hair items. My mum seems to have been using the Iced Raspberry and Vanilla Hair Spray, and she seems to be enjoying it so far. I think I'd best go and reclaim it now before it's all gone. I also bought the 3 in 1 Miracle Moisture Stuff, as the sea and the heat had dried out my hair whilst near the coast. Both products were half price, which was mainly why I picked them up. Never hurts to try more from a brand!

For Boots, I had nothing in mind when I went in. It was a bit of a 'I've got money so I WILL find something to spend it on' trip. An offer on Rimmel caught my eye (ooh no pun intended) and I ended up leaving the store with a new eyeliner and shadow pencil. The eyeliner in question was only £3.99, and it's called the Scandaleyes Precision Micro Eyeliner. I'm very loyal to my favourite Blink pen from Barry M, but I thought a drugstore liner edit might be appreciated as a post, and if I'm honest I thought it was a blimming good price. Also from Rimmel, I got another Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick in Trespassing Taupe. This was £3.49, and I know this is going to be a favourite after only two uses. Lastly for Boots, I came across a flavour of the Nivea Lip Butter in Blueberry Blush (£2.10). I'm not sure whether I love or hate the scent, but I needed a new lip balm anyway so I suppose all is not lost.

Then for Asda, they had and still have an event on where all mascaras are £5 and under. This even included the L'Oreal ones, that were over £10. Therefore, I just had to get a couple at least. The two I got were the Maybelline The Falsies, and the L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Waterproof. I feel giddy just writing about these., can you believe how cheap they were?!

Finally, my local Next had a new stand of NYX. The blushes were £6 each, so I decided to give Taupe a go, as it is a very coveted contour shade. I thought this would be great for a cool, winter shadow as the seasons changed.

What have your recent purchases been? Have you tried or seen any of these products?

Megan x

10 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any fudge products before and I bet they smell amazing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they do smell amazing! So good mmmmm x

      Delete
  2. Lovely little haul! I really love the Nivea lip butters but I didn't know Blueberry was a flavour, it must be new! You got some great bargains on the eye products, I really need to check out the Scandaleyes shadow crayons, everyone seems to love them!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tasha! I love the other scents of the Lip Butters but I don't think this one is my fav :( x

      Delete
  3. I really want to try NYX's Taupe as a contour shade as I've heard so much about it! Warmer tones always turn out looking orangey on me and Taupe is very cool toned.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be perfect for you then, Taupe definitely is cool toned x

      Delete
  4. Lovely lip butter definitely have to try this one

    style-mepretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you picked some good products! deffo want to try out that hair spray x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with the Maybelline Falsies Mascara! I use the waterproof one :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really interested in the Fudge brand, I've never tried anything, but the next time I'm in a Superdrug I'll have to have a look!

    www.floraandflynn.com
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x