Thursday, 7 August 2014

L'OREAL COLOR RICHE MONO EYESHADOWS

 
Although I'm not a daily eyeshadow wearer, something about these (rather) new L'Oreal eyeshadows caught my eye. I don't know whether it was the packaging, the hype or the fact L'Oreal is a brand I'm a little unfamiliar with, but I ended up with two of these beauties, and I think they've made a cosy little home in my makeup bag.
 
On the Boots website, these shadows are described as having a 'delicate, creamy texture' and I must agree there. They swatch beautifully, are intensely pigmented and certainly are creamy. A nice change from the typically chalky, sheer shades seen at the drugstore. As you probably all predicted, I picked up two nudes, one shimmer in 200 Over the Taupe, and a matte in 106 named Breaking Nude. If you didn't already know, they're £5.49, so a fairly reasonable mark for L'Oreal which I usually associate with being overpriced - or maybe that's just me being cheap haha.
 
Anyway, on the eye they're a little bit disappointing. I mean they're not unworkable, but they're also not the best. The shimmer shade is not as pigmented on the lid as it is when swatched, although I do think using it wet could recitify it as most of the problem is that brushes tend to not pick up enough of the shade. In terms of the matte, it's a bit better but definitely not UD Naked Basics standard. Although saying that, Urban Decay do set the standard very high so maybe I'm being a bit cruel comparing the two.
 
I'm kind of undecided about these. I mean, they're gorgeous packaging wise and swatched, but I'm a little confused about how to make them work.
 
Have you tried these out? What do you think?
 
Megan x
 
 


5 comments:

  1. They look gorgeous colours, but I am useless with eye make up I would be no help ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look and sound beautiful - although I haven't seen them in my local boots or superdrug as yet? Definitely will have to keep my eye out for them as they look to be right up my street! Thanks for sharing!

    Heather | porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for these to be released where I live, they are so so beautiful.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so so gorgeous! So tempted to buy some. Great review :)

    www.hdotxo.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one of these, and I just blend them out as a single wash of colour on the lid.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x