Friday, 22 August 2014

A LAZY GIRL'S SKINCARE ROUTINE

Usually I take my skincare very seriously and put oodles of time and effort into it everyday, but recently I really haven't been bothered enough to do so. With being on holiday and the weather being a tad warmer, I've just come to realise there's been 4 products that have kept my skin in tip top condition. I call it my 'lazy' routine.

For the mornings, I cleanse with a swipe of the Pixi Glow Tonic on a cotton pad. This is a beautiful no frills toner, which keeps my skin looking radiant, as well as removes residue from the night before. I'm quite lucky my skin is on the normal side so I can get away with something as simple and light in the mornings. This has certainly reached holy grail status.

For moisturiser at both morning and night, I use the Hydraluron Moisture Jelly. I loved Hydraluron (the one you put under moisturiser) anyway, but this just takes things to a whole new level. It's lightweight but still provides enough for moisture for my skin to look healthy and flake-free. If using Hydraluron in the tube bothered you as it's an extra step, this is perfect. It gives the same glowing effect but less products are needed.

Cleansing for me is the most important. I cannot stand the thought of makeup remaining on my skin at night, but I know I get a good cleanse with the Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil. This product takes off everything (even waterproof products) with ease, and doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped or dry in the slightest. It's a pleasure to use and I know I'll be repurchasing! As a second cleanse, I just use the same product again. This may sound boring, but my other cleansers seem to have been breaking me out recently so back to basics I went. Sometimes a detox is good though, right?

Lastly, as I'm an avid waterproof mascara wearer, I have to use a separate eye makeup remover. This mini Sephora one has had me covered, and usually I use this before the cleansing oil to get rid of the bulk of my eye makeup. It works wonders, I just wish I'd purchased a full size.

After surviving on these 4 products for the last two months or so, I have to say I'm starting to think excess serums and oils and fancy eye creams aren't really necessary. Honestly, my skin has never looked better.

Have you tried any of these products? Do you have a lazy skincare routine?

Megan x

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I must say my skincare routine can get out of hand at times, I use quite a lot of products and I will admit not every one is essential. I find every night to be a bit of a pamper though! The Origins cleansing oil sounds amazing. I find cleansing oils to be sooo good for removing every little bit of makeup.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one of those girls too, really lazy when it comes to skincare, expecially in the evening when all I want is sleep, and considering that I have quite sensitive skin this blog post is amazing.
    Vanessa, xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am literally so lazy, in fact sometimes I sleep with all my make-up on it's so bad :( This is super helpful I love the look of pixi as a brand and the packaging xxx


    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put so much effort into my skincare during winter, but I'm with you on being lazy during the summer time! I'm looking forward to getting back into it soon!

    Lifestyle & Book Blog: http://whatlaurendidtoday.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so need to try a Cleansing Oil - heard so many good things about them. I love your blog - it's fab. Please take a look at mine ... http://www.mylittlebookofstyle.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x