Friday, 25 July 2014

TOP 5 WHITE TOPS EDIT

Since it's pretty much summer now, white is so on trend. It's been a colour/shade (I really don't know which) that I've ignored in the past, but this year I've fallen head over heels for tops of the kind. I've gathered five I would call key pieces, so I thought I'd do a post on them, with the help of Lauren as photographer. I've tried to link every piece I could find online.

1. The Classy Racer Front - River Island, £16.00
This was one of the first tops that began my obsession, and it really is a staple item. Sometimes a plain white vest an be boring, but this is a bit more interesting as it is slightly textured and has a very flattering neck line. The only issue is that a strapless bra is needed, which I find so uncomfortable. While we are on the subject, can anyone recommend the best place to buy a strapless bra?!

2. The Floral Textured - River Island, £15.00
I purchased this one quite a while ago now and I can't seem to find a link, but it is a beautiful piece to add to your collection. If white tops seem a bit boring for your liking, this one is perfect as it offers a subtle floral print too. I love to wear this with just simple jeans and a chain necklace, for something very simple and light.

3. The Boxy Shirt - H&M, £12.99
This is such classic item I'm sure most of you own already - the white shirt. Admittedly. I would have preferred to have a long oversized one, but they never suit me and make me look like I'm fresh out of the office. Plus, this one is a little more summer friendly being incredibly light and a tad cropped.

4. The 90s Crop - Miss Selfridge, £8.00
This one is definitely  favourite. I love the neckline, and it's so versatile. I especially love it with mom shorts and a kimono, or mom jeans for that matter. I also thought it was a decent price for Miss Selfridge, as usually I associate the store to be quite overpriced. They also do this style in black, which I may have to get when I next come past a shop.

5. The V Neck - River Island, £15.00
Lastly, the most staple white piece of them all - the v neck. I must wear this at least twice a week, because it's just so simple and goes with EVERYTHING. This River Island one is very soft, although I do have my eye on some from H&M because having just one v neck isn't enough. I want to live in these tops!

Have you embraced the white trend?

Megan x


5 comments:

  1. I love the second one, but white tops are definitely a great summer staple xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these tops! You are looking great in the photos might I add!

    Lauren // www.thebeaubow.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 90's style one, I just can't figure out how I would wear it! Maybe a strapless bra?

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE a good white top, so versatile and easy to wear
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. M and S have lots of good strapless bras!! I have the miss selfridge crop and would agree with you - I love it! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x