Thursday, 3 July 2014

THE EVERYDAY SUMMER MAKEUP ROUTINE


If you ask me, I'm not normally one for set routines. I like to mix up what I use and when I use it, but recently I seem to have gained a small squad of products to see me through my day to day life, which is really unusual in my books. Anyway - here's my everyday summer makeup routine.

Before I start getting to work, I pop on some Smashbox Photofinish Foundation Primer. We've had a rough past together, but now I'm putting it to good use and adoring the smoothness it gives.
For the base, I've managed to live without foundation and I'm loving life in the concealer lane. Seriously, I haven't even packed any for my Spain trip! The predictable choice for blemishes is obviously the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I'll cut you the rambles here, because you all know it's the best concealer in the drugstore for me. I just whack this on my cheeks, give it a buff and hey presto. Then for under my eyes, I've been enjoying the Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener. It's a bit pale for me, but boy does it do a brilliant job on my pesky dark circles. To fix the colour mismatch, I have recruited the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer to wham-bam everywhere. Well, under my eyes and on my cheeks anyway. It gives such a lovely glow, and a tad extra coverage and longevity.

So now I've evened everything and gained a touch more life, I pop on some Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder on my temples and cheeks, with the usual Real Techniques Blush Brush. It warms the face very subtly, as it isn't very pigmented, so this means it's hard to make a mistake with. For blush (with a smaller, more dense brush), I apply the Mac Mineralize Blush in Autoerotique to the very tops of my cheek bones. It is possibly the prettiest blush I've ever seen, in both the pan and on the cheeks. Ugh - too gorgeous.

I like to keep everything looking fresh, so for the eyes it's simply Max Factor Clump Defy for the top lashes and a bit of Avon Super Extend Eye Accents Mascara in Black Topaz on the bottom. It's a little less harsh than black, but still adds loads of length and definition. The only other thing I do to my eyes is highlight the inner corner, with the Urban Decay Venus shade in the Naked Basics Palette. Then lastly for brows, a bit of clear mascara is swept through them to keep all those hairs in place. I also forgot to picture it (#badblogger).

What have you been loving for summer makeup?

Megan x

4 comments:

  1. I bet the Naked Basics is perfect for summer. The colours are lovely. I've been trying not to wear foundation as it is just so hot at the moment. I want to give my skin a break! x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x