Tuesday, 1 July 2014

REAL TECHNIQUES MIRACLE COMPLEXION SPONGE


The other day in a very spur-of-the-moment Boots trip, I found myself walking out with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. (When I saw 'walking out', I did actually pay haha). It's been an item I've wanted to try for a while now, so I had high expectations.

When I got this out of the packet, the first thing I noticed was the size. It's much smaller than I anticipated, but later I did realise that with a bit of water, it almost doubles and becomes less dense -  my kind of sponge.

The shape seems the thing that makes this sponge so special, as there is three areas to chose from. These include the pointed tip (great for the crevices of the face), the flat edge (good for under the eyes especially) and the curved section (I prefer to use this to cover large areas quickly).

So, considering everything; I should adore this sponge. But... the problem is I don't. I thought we'd click straight away and become best base friends, but I certainly favour my Expert Face Brush over it. Don't get me wrong - it's a good sponge, but I just prefer to buff away quickly instead of tediously tap at small spaces. Maybe that's just me.

If you are willing to put the extra time in, the finish is darn pretty. However, for me in the mornings when I'm rushing out of the door... nah. I think I'll save it for the weekends.

Megan x

7 comments:

  1. I always see these and I never know whether to buy one. I think I am like you though and would prefer to buff my foundation with a brush than with a sponge. It sounds so much quicker! I love my RT buffing brush too much to change it! x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't a fan of this either.. and then my dog ate it anyway haha x

    and beauty or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughing at Sarahs comment ^ haha.
    I feel the same way. It's a decent sponge but I just prefer to use the buffing or expert face brush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried one of these sponges but it does seem a like a little work to buff it in. I might try this for special occasions if I really need to.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this sponge and I love it!! it is such an amazing texture
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this sponge as well, it's my first makeup sponge and I have to say I really love it and the finish it gives my foundation, although I totally agree that it does take a lot of time to apply your foundation with. Definitely not something I use on the daily, but really nice for when I want my skin to look really good.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It takes me so long to buff out my foundation with this even when it expands and like you, I don't have time for that! Lovely review, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x