Wednesday, 4 June 2014

CCO HAUL #2

* I really do want to apologise for abandoning my blog this past week or so. Once my exam is done I'll be back on a role with no excuses!*


In my last CCO haul I'm sure I mentioned I'd be returning. So, for my birthday with Lauren in tow I took another visit to my new favourite place. I'm telling you, if it was closer I'd be there every day.

As I had some birthday money I spend a little more in the CCO. Lauren and I browsed for about an hour, carefully making sure we hadn't missed any gems. I came away with six things, and I think I spent around £80... eeek. But, it was a birthday trip, so I can *almost* justify the madness.

The first item I knew I had to have was the Bobbi Brown SPF 50 Protective Face Base. I'm off on holiday in a few weeks so I certainly purchased this with sunny weather in mind. This was £21 instead of £28, which I thought was very reasonable as most SPFs will set you back a good £30 at full price. I've used this once and I did like it, it smells like summer and wasn't greasy on the skin.

The second item that went straight in my basket and didn't move from there was the Bumble and Bumble Classic Hairspray. I got the smaller 125ml size for £7.50 instead of £10.00, but the larger was there for £13.00 and I kind of wish I had got that one -ah well. This size is really travel friendly and should enjoy coming with me abroad. I've given this a whirl and although it doesn't smell the best, there's no crisp to be seen anywhere. It's a good 'un.

I got a second item from Bobbi Brown, which is the Tinted Eye Brightener in Porcelain Peach for £13.75, down from £19.00. I cannot believe they actually had a shade that was perfect for me, in one of my favourite products  - a concealer! I've used this already and boyyy... it's good. I'm so pleased with this bargain!

The last three items were serious impulse buys. I hadn't noticed the Mac Mineralise Blush in Autoerotique the first time round, but on my last scour of the shelves I gave it a swatch and decided I needed it because the sheen is incredible. This was £13.50 from £19.00 and I think it may be my favourite item that I purchased. It's beautiful.

Second from last is the Origins Clean Energy Gentle Cleansing Oil for £15.75 from £21. A long time ago I had a DHC Cleansing Oil sample, and I remember back then I thought my skin looked better than it ever had done before. So, in an attempt to revive the glow I popped this in my basket right as I went to pay - naughty me. I've been using this daily since I got it, and I must say I am impressed. A full review will follow soon.

Lastly, a lipstick. I own hardly any lippies so I thought I'd return (I went back in a second time because I refused to leave without it) to get this Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Latte for £11 from £15.50. I don't normally 'do' nudes, as they always leave me looking a little wishy washy. However, this one is a perfect shade for me and I cannot believe I am actually going to say that I like the matte finish. What has happened to me?!

Have you tried any of these products? Have you picked up anything from a CCO recently?

Megan x

7 comments:

  1. I'm in love with the MAC blush - I need to track it down!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's online sadly, but if you can find it I'd serisously recommend you get it!x

      Delete
  2. Love the look of the origins oil, I've recently started using the balance me radiance face oil and love it, they seem really similar!
    Frankie Boo Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I need this haul lol. Been dying to try the Origins Cleansing Oil for ages!

    Kate | raspberrycheeks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very well thought out purchase! :-) I love Bobbi brown skincare and wish it was more easily available!


    New Chanel Les Beiges Multi Color No. 02 review | TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing haul! The Cleansing oil sounds super good, can't wait to read a full review.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That MAC blush looks gorgeous! I love a pearly pink for summer :) Danielle xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x