Thursday, 8 May 2014

THE EXTRA STEPS WORTH THE TIME


For the most part, when it comes to beauty routines I like to keep it as quick and concise as possible, which includes skipping some steps that I probably shouldn't. However, there's a small selection of products I think are worth the extra time.

Mac Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel - This illuminating liquid is a fairly new purchase of mine, but I've been loving adding it to foundation, popping it on the cheek bones and underneath virtually everything. The glow it gives is absolutely beautiful, so whenever I can I make sure to use this.

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer - I've given this a rather ranty review before, but I've decided to make amends with this primer and I've realised it's actually brilliant. When I use this, everything put on top appears so much smoother and longevity increases too.

Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener - Another new buy, that really I had no idea to use. I think you just kind of pat it on under concealer, and it gives that extra bit of life to the under eye area. I also find it increases longevity once again and gives a dewy glow. I don't know of any product like it!

Bobbi Brown Corrector - Putting this on before your concealer also works wonders. The pink tones counteract the shades of dark circles, giving you that added coverage if you had a late night the day before.

Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets - I think you'll already know I love these. Take them everywhere with you, but most importantly blot before powder. These basically remove the oil on your face and leave you naturally matte. They're also rather fun/disgusting to use.

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara - This is the most adorable mascara designed for your bottom lashes, as the name suggests. If you've had problems with smudging before, try this and you will be amazed - it does not budge.

Rimmel Nude Scandaleyes Eyeliner - Putting this on your waterline makes all the difference. If you're one for red or tired eyes, this is certainly worth trying to brighten the area. It's a product you have to try to understand!

H&M Eyebrow Fix - If you've been doing your eyebrows but not setting them, I highly recommend you do. With my unruly pair, I find it keeps the little stragglers in place and gives a beautiful yet naturally defined shape.

Ciaté Speed Coat Pro Top Coat - I never used to finish my nails with a slick of gloss, but for about two years now I've never failed to miss the step. It decreases drying time, adds shine, increases longevity and without it, I always wake up with duvet print of my nails. It's a must for me.

What extra (but probably unnecessary) steps do you think are worth the time?

Megan x

9 comments:

  1. I've been on the look out for a good eyebrow fixer, I never thought to try H&M! It's funny how important the little steps are, isn't it?

    The Oxford Owl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! haha yes the duvet print on nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! I love blotting sheets too :) Very tempted to try the eyebrow fix! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobbi Brown Corrector is my fav...helpful post <3

    xoxo
    TheBlahQueen
    Lakme 9 to 5 Super Suncreen Review

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always find that priming makes such a huge difference in my foundation application and wear time

    Allison from http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm obsessed with the Rimmel eyeliners, the shade Bronze is absolutely stunning!
    xxx Claire
    wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for a great post! Love learning about little tidbits that help with making a great face :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x