Tuesday, 13 May 2014

THE DAILY LINERS


I've always been a fan of liners, since my first Natural Collection one when I was about ten. It gave me major panda eyes and others before that were so stiff I had to scratch them on. I think it's a good thing that I've now determined what a brilliant liner performs like, and I've found four that fit the bill for me perfectly and never leave my makeup bag.

The first is the cult classic, Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in Nude. I didn't think a £3.99 eyeliner could ever be this amazing, until I gave it a go. It makes such a difference when applied, brightening the eye area and making any redness seem slim. The others in the range are equally as incredible, especially Taupe and Bronze. They are the definition of creamy and do not budge once they are on.

Secondly, the Gosh Velvet Touch Eyeliner in Truly Brown. These are so underrated, I cannot explain how beautifully they apply and last. I originally got sent Renaissance Gold* to review and loved it (give it a swatch next time you're in Superdrug) so I decided to test out a few others. This is a standard deep brown, a little less harsh than black. The packaging on these is so sleek, and the formula is intensely pigmented, smooth and long lasting too. Daily, I love to smudge this into my upper lashline for a little definition. It looks so natural.They're £4.99, so only a pound more expensive than the Rimmel offerings, but more often than not there is a £2 off of Gosh offer in Superdrug that makes them £2.99 Bargain.

The lip liner in the quad featured is also from Gosh, which is the Velvet Touch Lip Liner in Nougat Crisp. I adore the lip look Kylie Jenner has been sporting, and this was exactly the shade I was looking for. Something a little pink, a little brown, a little nude. These also do not budge, and apply flawlessly. Again, these are £4.99 a piece and there's a bright orange I have my eye on next. I like to lightly apply this on a day to day basis, very gently on the cupids bow and the bottom of my lip to define but certainly not gain that awful naked lips and dark outline look. It's just perfect.

Lastly, the Avon Glimmerstick Eyeliner in Blackest Black. I love the Avon range of eyeliners, and this black is great for tightlining with. If I'm wearing gel eyeliner, I always make sure to use this in the spaces between the lashes the gel missed. This once again does not budge, and although it isn't as creamy as the rest, it is still brilliant quality. I love that it is twist up too, makes life a tad easier!

What eyeliners would you recommend? I definitely have to say you must check out the Gosh Velvet Touch range. Incredible.

Megan x

8 comments:

  1. I've never tried any of Gosh's eyeliners before but I'm so tempted to now I've read this, all the shades look great :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do give them a go, they're incredible!xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you that GOSH products are underrated, I've never tried anything from them until I got their lip liner and it was SO amazing! I really just want to buy their whole makeup line now!

    Yige || Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lipliner looks amazing! Going straight on my wishlist! Love the Rimmel Scandal eyes Nude - a real must have. Xx

    kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to change up my daily liners, they're all black xD My favorite though is definitely Urban Decay's Perversion pencil liner, it's the blackest liner I've ever owned.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x