Tuesday, 6 May 2014

STYLING MOM SHORTS - Pt. 1

Top - River Island
Leather Jacket - Dorothy Perkins
Clutch - H&M (old)
Belt - Unknown
Necklace - Primark (old)

Very recently I purchased some shorts from River Island (these ones). Denim from the 90s is super fashionable right now, so I thought I'd do a series of posts on how to style 'mom' shorts. I'll try and get them up every week for four weeks, so here's the first instalment.

I've found these shorts are incredibly versatile, so this outfit is a slightly more dressy way to style them. The top from River Island is a gorgeous light weight fabric (but it does crease easily) that tucked in nicely to the shorts. I decided to pop some 40 denier tights on and a leather jacket for this look because I just felt it tied everything together a little better, but by all means adjust this how you wish and go bare legged. The shoes are slightly edgy, but still very comfortable and surprisingly are from New Look, and the spiked necklace worked wonders with the v-neck of the top. I think this could also be turned casual if you ditched the jacket and changed the shoes, or removed the tights and pop on some trainers of some sort (I'm lusting after the Nike Free Runs).

So, I hope you enjoyed this post. I know it was fun to photograph with Lauren!

Megan x

3 comments:

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x