Wednesday, 14 May 2014

SMASHBOX CREAM EYESHADOW - GEMSTONE


When I went on my travels to an outlet village, Smashbox was a brand I really wanted to get into. There was such a huge range of products there, but in the end I came away with three things; one of which is this gorgeous Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Eyeshadow in Gemstone.

This caught my eye because the shade was so unique - somewhere inbetween mauve, taupe, pink and bronze. (Aren't I fab at describing shades.) It's quite cool, and with my brown eyes the hints of purple make them pop. There are some small silver sparkles in there too, which give a wet-look effect to the lid. I've never seen a shade like it!

The formula of this is great, quite thin yet incredibly pigmented and long wearing. 15 hours is slight hyperbole in my books, but it does withstand the day well and remains in place until I need to remove it. The packaging is also a winner for me, a sleek matte black glass pot which although won't be the best for travel, looks so professional. In general, Smashbox product packaging is a favourite of mine.

My favourite way to wear this is all over the lid, blended out slightly with a matte brown like Urban Decay Faint in the crease, and some brown pencil liner smudged into the lashes with a tad more cream eyeshadow on top for depth. I've tried so hard to photograph it, but since I've changed cameras I'm still finding my feet in that area.

Overall, I am in love with this cream eyeshadow. This type of eyeshadow across the board is my favourite anyway, but the colour of this combined with the packaging and the reasonable price of £10.25 at outlet (£15 usually) has made my heart skip a beat. I am definitely returning to the CCO in the next few weeks for round two. I know there was a bronze there I'd love.

Do you have any Smashbox favourites you could recommend me? Please do so in the comments, I want to find some more gems!

Megan x

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, it's beautiful! I need one. Or maybe two.
    Gorgeous photos by the way!
    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a product very similar to that. It is from motives
    its a cream eyeshadow called butterscotch. I love it. Please feel free to chaco out my blog and maybe follow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x