Friday, 23 May 2014

L'ORÉAL SELF TANNING ELIXIR


I'm quite luckily that I actually tan very easily, that is if of course I ever have long enough in the sun. Sadly, I don't think I'm jetting off anywhere this year to get myself a natural olive tone, so I called in my faux glow. I recently discovered this L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Elixir and it's definitely the best tan I've ever tried.

It is advised on the bottle to apply this to the body, one coat each day for 3 days and you should have a tan that lasts 2 weeks. I haven't tried it like that yet, as two coats was more than enough for me but even with one light layer there's such a noticeable difference to the skin. I use a mitt to apply this (as I do with every tanning product) all over, and it applies beautifully - a really silky smooth serum formula, that smells like holidays (and a teeny bit biscuity but that was expected) and is fast drying. The colour starts to develop after a few hours, and that's when I fell in love. It looks so natural, (certainly not orange) is totally transfer proof and doesn't wash off in the shower. I'd say mine stayed put for about 5 days, fading evenly. It also doesn't do that annoying thing that I have found others to do, where the tan tends to gather in hair follicles in my legs (yuck). The only negative I have is that it *may* have broken me out on my face. However, it is worth noting I've also started using Indeed Labs Pepta Bright so it could be that instead.

I think I can safely say this has been the tan to change my opinions on the DIY glow world. What's you favourite? Have you tried this?

Megan x

7 comments:

  1. Ooh I might have to try this, I'm the opposite I don't tan at all, I swear I'm part albino! :)
    xxx Claire
    wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im the same, I dont tan at all, I use a gradual tan at the moment but this might be nice to give and extra boost to that as I am still a bit of a milk bottle.

      Delete
    2. Haha! I love being pale too sometimes :) x

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed this - I always like to find budget-friendly tanning options. I've never tried this one, but I'm currently using the L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronze self tan and I really like it.

    www.beautyloon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that one out too!x

      Delete
  3. I haven't actually noticed this in the shops, but it sounds lovely and it's definitely worth a go! A natural looking tan is a bonus too! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x