Sunday, 4 May 2014

LEG TLC


I'm sure you're all aware that with warmer weather comes summer clothes, and with summer clothes there is more skin on show, particularly legs. If like me, yours have been suffocated in jeans for the past six months then hopefully you'll find this post helpful.

Whether you prefer to shave, wax, use hair removal cream or any other method, for me the first step is to get rid of hair. (I'm trying to word this so I don't sound like a complete gorilla). Do whatever you need to do for this step, or miss it out completely if you like. I'm not an extreme feminist who disagrees with hair removal, but for me I just prefer to have ultra-smooth fuzz free pins. In my case this does take a while to do though - being tall has disadvantages.

Next I like to go in with a good ol' exfoliant to buff dead skin away and keep things radiant. Recently I've preferred to use the Emma Hardie Natural Lift and Sculpt Body Treatment, which also doubles up as a body mask although I'm yet to try that. It's uber expensive so I try and use it sparingly, but you can really get a good scrub on with this. It feels so luxurious and it's something I love to use around twice a week.

So once you've done shaving, exfoliating (fun times) and you're out of the bath/shower, it's time to moisture. Because I am lacking some tan on my legs, I love to get a little faux glow on. I've fallen in love with the Garnier Summerbody Moisturising Lotion in Light Sun Kissed Look, a gradual tan/body lotion. The idea behind this is that you use it daily to moisturise, but it also adds a subtle tan which will build to a deeper colour as you continue to use it. In other words, it's for fake tan dummies like me. I also treat the rest of my body to a coat of this because you really cannot go wrong when applying.

Now that I've got a basic leg routine in place I think I'm ready for the shorts-appropriate weather. That is of course, if we even get any in Britain.

Megan x





4 comments:

  1. Personally I'm not a huge fan of fake tan but even I have found that my legs are super duper pale at the moment. I think my sister has some of this stashed away somewhere, I'll have to dig it out.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big fake tanner because I'm so pale I find most turn me a bit too orange to be believed, I do love a good healthy sheen to my legs though so I just use a really moisturizing lotion or dry oil

    http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Garnier tan is the only 'fake' tan i like haha! And can actually use without it streaking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post. i have never really used self tanner...im scared of how it will turn out.

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x