Friday, 2 May 2014

BOOTS BOTANICS HYDRATING DAY/NIGHT CREAM


It's very rare for me that I use day and night creams from the same brand, but recently Boots had a 2 for £6 offer on the Botanics All Bright Hydrating Day Cream Spf 15 and Night Cream, so I decided to give them a whirl and it turns out I may have found a new set of favourites.

The Hydrating Day Cream has an SPF of 15, which is always something I look out for in day moisturisers as you can never be too careful with sun protection. It has a lovely fresh scent, and the texture is quite thin and a little on the tacky side but it does soon sink in. If I'm honest, it's just a good all-round moisturiser. It is hydrating, doesn't cause havoc with makeup that is placed on top, makes skin feel soft and is dirt cheap too.

The Night Cream is my favourite of the two, due to its thicker consistency. I've never owned a dedicated night cream before, but I do think my skin looks more awake now that I've got my backside in gear and began to use it. It smells divine, feels really luxurious and moisturises my dry skin just right. It doesn't sting the eyes or cause any breakouts for me either.

My only complaint is the packaging, because I can never distinguish which is which on my dressing table unless I pick them up and have a read. The white tubs are pretty standard, but they do the job and at least they'd be travel friendly!

I feel like that was such a boring review (sorry!) but I don't think there's much more to say than these are brilliant. So affordable, from a great brand and they do what they say on the tin. It will be a definite repurchase from me!

Megan x

4 comments:

  1. The night cream sounds lovely! I love finding great skincare at the drugstore, as it's so hard to find x

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always on the lookout for new moisturiser so thanks for the recommendation! Nightmare about the packaging though, I'd be the same!

    Vicky | Lots of Love, Me.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This isn't a boring review at all :) These products sound great and so cheap! I see what you mean about the packaging though.

    Style Sunrise

    :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the botanics range but haven't tried the creams, they sound great! xx
    mollyox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x