Friday, 11 April 2014

THE TRY BEFORE YOU BUY EDIT


I think we've all got that stash of samples, little plastic sachets and mini tubes waiting to be used up. That was certainly the case for me, so around a month ago I made it my mission to give them all a go. Here I am, reporting back on the best and the 'meh'. I'm going to keep it short and sweet - let's say a sentence per item.

Resultime by Collin Paris Peeling Mask Vitamin C (previously called Grain Free Soft Scrub)* - I used this and say an amazing difference straight away. My skin looked brighter, more radiant and in no way dull. It uses enzymes to exfoliate the skin and boy did it give a glow. I'm impressed so much I think I might have to buy one. Full size: £27.00

Ren Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk - Such a soft, kind cleansing milk that I used every little drop of. In now way irritating, but I don't think I'd buy the full size. Full size: £16.00

RVB Holistic Thay OM (Body) Fondant Nutritive Cream* - My legs definitely had a treat when I gave this a go. It was super rich, but not sticky and had a delicious light floral scent. Full size: £30.60

Nails Inc Caviar Topcoat - I've been pretty loyal to Essie Good To Go, but after trying this I don't know if I can go back. It gives glossy shine, long wear and also does not cause polish to shrink. Full size: £12.00

RVB Cleansing Milk* - Had a nice pastel pink colour (think Olay Beauty Fluid) and smelt delicious. My skin felt so soft after using. Full size: £22.50

Rodial Glamtox Night - I guess price does reflect quality here, as this was amazing. A honey coloured night cream that felt like velvet on the skin, and gave uber radiance. Full size: £90.00 *yikes*

Oqibo Hydra Restore Cream* - I love the intense moisture defence, so using this felt like a lighter, more summer weather friendly version. I wasn't too keen on the scent though. Full size: £33.15

Resultime by Collin Paris Cleansing Cream* - Quite a nice, gentle first cleanse. Just standard really. Full size: £19.50.

Dr Jart Waterfuse BB Cream - I didn't think I'd like this, but I was oh-so-wrong. On my dry skin it's the perfect light, dewy base and I can see myself buying a full size asap. Just when I thought I was over the BB hype... Full size: £18.00

RVB 24hr Multi-Moisturising Cream* - I really loved how this made my skin feel, as it was light enough to be non-sticky, but caring enough to keep my face soft. It didn't cause havoc under my foundation either, but still gave hydration. Full size: £49.50

I think it's safe to say that I won't let my pile of samples get that bad again. Next time I'm going to use them as the appear on my dressing table. 

Megan x

*PR Sample 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Zazie, if you try it, let us know what you think!

      Roxie x
      Fraser Muir Holdings (distributor for Resultime by Collin Paris)

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x