Saturday, 19 April 2014

THE H&M HIGHLIGHTER


 I've written a post about the wonderful beauty bits on offer at H&M before, but I knew I had to write an individual review of the Highlighter Powder. It's rare to find such a beautiful glow giver on the high street, and for £3.99 it's one of the cheapest too.

I don't know about you, but when I bought the MUA highlighting powder I was a little put off by the glitter. It's quite chunky, very obvious and has more of a pink/lilac intense shimmer than a golden luminosity. The H&M offering is what I imagined it to be like - more of a subtle sheen.

I'd describe the shade to be a in the middle ground between pink and gold, because in different lighting it turns slightly chameleon-esque and appears to change colour. It is super finely milled and swatches beautifully, and behaves well when blended. I've received many compliments when wearing this on the tops of the cheeks, the bridge of the nose, cupids bow and under the brows. If you're looking for that natural supermodel glow, this is it in a pan.

I'll admit that the packaging isn't the most fancy, but in all honesty I didn't expect it to be. For a teeny £3.99 I suggest you get your backside down to H&M now ladies and gents. Ready, steady... GO!

Megan x


11 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing!! I will definitely be getting it!
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this looks lovely! I have the MUA one but I really don't reach for it very often and I don't have any gold toned highlighters! xx

    Kat from Blushing Rose Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!
    xx
    www.myrunwayfashionworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds great, haven't really heard much about the h&m makeup but i think i would like it xxx
    mollyox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard so many great things about this,and for the price I am really wowed xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard quite a bit about h&m's beauty products, think I need to give it a try!

    Taslima | The little things in life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get so dubious when looking at beauty products from stores such as H&M, I'm so glad that someone has actually reviewed something rather than leaving me speculating! Looks great.

    Something about Carey

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only got a very small H&M by my and I don't know if I've ever seen makeup there but I've got to get this one! So pretty

    http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been on the hunt for a highlighter on the high street so will definitely take a look at this the next time I'm in H&M! x

    Danielle · danielletc.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x