Sunday, 13 April 2014

SECOND DAY HAIR


I'm sure like many of you reading, I do not wash my hair everyday. For starters it takes forever, I'd have to style it all over again and apparently it isn't the best for its condition. Therefore, I like to use a few products to get it looking up to scratch on the second day. I'm a teenager so there's no chance of stretching to a third!

Firstly I have to get rid of the oily limp roots, for which I use the Batiste Cool & Crisp Fresh Dry Shampoo. I've been there and done that with Percy and Reed and Toni & Guy, but this is always the one I return to. Go easy with it as grey roots are a possibility, but with a good head rub and a brush through it's all fine and dandy.

I find that the best approach to second day hair is to act like that's how it was meant to turn out. Slightly messy, a tad grungy and definitely texturised. I've been enjoying the VO5 Give Me Texture Dry Texturising Spray to play it up and add to the dishevelled appearance. It's ridiculously cheap too.

The only 'higher end' hair item I own and use is the Balmain Silk Perfume*. I don't use this for the fragrance, but more for the effect it has on the overall style. Using the vaporiser I do some spritzing at the mid lengths and ends to decrease dryness and add a little life and shine. After the previous two products have been applied (and I most likely have gone overboard) this ties it all together nicely.

So now I've somewhat combatted the dreaded second day hair, I wonder if I'll ever go further between washes. Definitely not on a school week though...

Megan x

7 comments:

  1. i love the vo5 texturising spray, works really well at giving a 'bedhead' look xx
    mollyox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really want to try some sort of dry texturising spray, and the vo5 one sounds so good! xx

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bottle of the Balmain silk perfume! Looks lush x

    Mapped Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same, and i had the second day hair. I use the dry shampoo also, and love it. i did a review of the Bastile over on my blog. Xx

    Anna-Maria | www.topdrawfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Batiste is AMAZING! I use the one for brown hair so I don't have to deal with a white cast

    http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely going to try the hair perfume! It looks so interesting xo

    http://sheworewhatxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love batiste even though i have thick and dry hair so i can get away with washing it once a week...

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x