Monday, 28 April 2014

OUTLET VILLAGE & CCO HAUL


On saturday I got to go to an outlet village, which is basically a large group of stores (from Mulberry to Superdry) that have discounted items. Although most of the bits and bobs were way out of my budget and it was quite a trek to get there, I found some lovely things and I definitely want to go back again soon for more.

CCO stores are rather few and far between in the UK, but there was one where I went and I loved it. The staff were so helpful, and not at all pushy. Brands include those under the Esteé Lauder company, such as Mac, Origins, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Esteé Lauder, Ojon, Bumble and Bumble, Smashbox and a few more I think. I picked up four times, most of which were from Smashbox because the range was incredible and if I'm honest, the Mac section was a bit disappointing. There was lots of Archie's Girls products, a few Christmas bits, lots of BB cream and some other odds and sods from yonks ago. I did pick up some Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel though, which were £12.75 from £18.00. I planned to buy these from the airport when I go on holiday later on in the year so I was pleased to see them there.

Smashbox's range was outstanding. They had loads of eyeshadow trios which I didn't get but looked amazing, as well as some shadow crayons, blushes, powders, a few base bits and some little sets. The first item I knew I had to have was the Photofinish Lid Primer. Lauren has a mini size of this and I think I tried it once, so I could not leave it there and it was only £10.50! I think usually it is £15.00. I also spotted and purchased the Photo Op Under Eye Brightener, which I had heard good things about and I need every product I can get for my dark circles. This was £11.25 from £16.00. The last makeup item I purchased was the Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Shadow in Gemstone. Oh my, this is beautiful. The shade is like a pink bronze, with some cool shimmer and it was £10.50 from £15.00. I wish I had got a few more of these (there was so many shades) because it is so beautiful, and cream eyeshadows are my weakness. Overall the discount was around 30%, which isn't bad in the slightest.

Cath Kidston was a shop I had to go in, and my mum was kind enough to surprise me with a few toiletry items. These included a gorgeous floral face cloth (£4 from £6), a heart shaped rose soap (£1.75 from £3.50), a Wild Rose Lip Balm (£3 from £5) and a set called the star collection Travel Box (£5 from £10). I can't wait to take these on holiday with me!

I had a browse in Ted Baker, and I came across the most adorable French bull dog (correct me if i'm wrong) Large Wash Bag. It will be my makeup bag from now on, which I'm excited about because it is the right size and I feel like I can get a good few products in there. This was £17 from £25, which I didn't think was too steep.

Lastly, I went into Jack Wills. I've never been too interested in this brand before because if I'm honest, labels don't bother me. I'd much rather wear something H&M than 'fabulously British'. However, saying that I did find some leggings which were I believe £12 from around £24.50, which is an incredible saving. They have an almost mens underwear band at the top in white and black, and then the leg is a floral print with navy background. I've been wearing them around the house a lot and they are so comfortable that I'm kicking myself for not getting a couple more pairs. Maybe I'm growing to like Jack Wills.

So, that concludes my outlet haul. I hope you enjoyed that, I know I did! I plan to return very soon, with some more cash and an idea of what to buy.

Megan x




6 comments:

  1. I love shopping at a good CCO! Oddly enough, I usually always find good cream eyeshadows there, too...

    wednesdaypress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Ted Baker make up bag, it's so cute.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live really close to a CCO and I'm always in there. They do get some really good Mac stuff in but you need to go as soon as they've had the delivery as Mac is always what people dive to in there and the popular products sell out super quick! I actually picked up Pink Nouveau a few weeks ago for £10!

    Kelsey xx

    www.kelseydawnblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Cath Kidston goodies look so adorable! I love the packaging.

    http://herheartisinparis.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
  5. CCOs are the best! And everything Cath Kidston is so adorable x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x