Monday, 7 April 2014

LOVING L'ORÉAL LIPS



 Sheer finishes are my favourite kind of lippies. I collected all 12 (and 2 backups) of the Gosh Soft'n'Shine Lip Balms, so when I saw a good helping of the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipsticks in Tesco for £2 each, I couldn't help but pick up 5 (that's a lie actually, Tempting Lilac was purchased in Boots).

I'll start with the packaging of these, because they do deserve a good round of applause for being so beautiful. The gold tubes are encased with a layer of thick plastic (looks better than it sounds, promise) with a shiny colour coded section on one end and the name of the product on the other. The five I currently own (swatches bottom to top) are Nude Lingerie, Tempting Lilac, Lovely Rose, Dating Coral and Rose Mademoiselle. I think my favourites must be Dating Coral and Tempting Lilac, both of which are seriously spring suitable and downright gorgeous.

The formula is very creamy and a little glossy, exactly my cup of tea. They stain the lips slightly as they fade evenly, something much appreciated in a lip product as I cannot stand the bare section in the middle of the lip and product on the outside. The scent isn't my absolute favourite and neither is the taste, but I can look past that mostly.

If you happen to scout these out for a bargain price, do pick up a couple for spring. I would really recommend them if you love a softer lip or something sheer. They're such lip candy!

Megan x

23 comments:

  1. Lovely review - these look absolutely beautiful, perfect for spring/summer! ... rather envious that you managed to pick them up for £2! May have to insist that my mum starts shopping at Tesco!

    Heather | porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. these all look so pretty, if i can find them for £2 i think i may have to buy all of them! xx
    mollyox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always forget to look in Supermarkets! I miss all the great bargains! I must remember this when I'm getting food in! £2 is great and they look like lovely colours!
    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supermarkets are the ultimate place for bargains haha x

      Delete
  4. These are so pretty! You got them for a great prices!

    Tiny Alis

    ReplyDelete
  5. That reminds me that I've had one of these (somewhere) and I really enjoyed using it. Guess it's time to find it again:) x

    Tereza // Cityscape Bliss: Awesome Asda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just in time for spring Tereza!x

      Delete
  6. I can't believe how cheap they are that's amazing gorgeous photos too, they look lovely xxxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you finding these for £2, the shades look lovely :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These really do look lovely, I hear really good things about these :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  9. £2 !! How?! That's a bargain! Something like that never happens to me :(
    But still they look amazing !
    Kookii || The Beauty Diary♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look gorgeous!!! :-D

    Love, Christine♥
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love sheer lips for spring! Its so pretty and subtle

    http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's such a bargain! I really want to try some of the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse, especially now it's becoming more summery. I love a pinkish toned lip! Danielle xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so pretty! I remember there being lots of reviews about them a while ago but never picking any up, I might have to now :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x