Tuesday, 22 April 2014

BURT'S BEES BALMS


I'm sure many of you would reluctantly raise your hand if I said 'do you own too many lip balms?', and I have to own up too. It swear it's verging on unhealthy, but Burt's Bees always stand out in my box of treats because they're 100% natural and full of all sorts of oils.

The first Burt's Bees balm I purchased a few months ago was the Rejuvenating Acai Berry variation. I got mine from Boots, but I know you can find them everywhere these days. The scent is nice, and although not my favourite it hasn't at all put me off of using it.

The Pomegranate flavour is a new addition, that when applied does give a slight pink tint. I've been using this everyday with a teeny bit of lip liner for a more defined but still natural lip. The thing that makes this almost unbearable is the scent for me, as it's super strong and not pleasant at all which is a bit disappointing really.

We'll finish on a high here with the standard Beeswax Lip Balm. If you're a fan of mint scents, you need this in your life. It's so refreshing to apply, especially on warmer days and gives an almost tingling sensation to the lips. I used to have a Yes To Carrots mint lip balm and this has filled the spot perfectly, being great in all areas. I find this to be the one lip balm I'll use all the time: if I'm at school it will be in my top pocket, and if I'm out and about it will be in my bag. 

All three lip balms are as strong as each other in terms of  moisturising the lips. Whilst some balms make my lips worse *cough cough Maybelline Baby Lips* these really do keep dryness at bay and provide a great canvas for lipstick application. Dare I say they're now holy grail?

Megan x

3 comments:

  1. I've had the pomegranate one before and really enjoyed using it :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of these! Must give them a try!

    Www.lovedbyhollie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x