Thursday, 17 April 2014

BRINGING THE GLOW BACK


If I'm honest, I've never been a fan of a matte base. Maybe it's my dry skin or the ultimate fear of a cake face, but I've always got to have a little dewy radiance somewhere - whether it be in the bronzer, on the cheeks or in the foundation.

I'm a firm believer that you should try and master the skin before you plonk products on it, which is why I tend to spend a little more and avoid certain chemicals in my routine. The two glow-getters included here are gorgeous items that I do see a difference with. The Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask is nothing short of a miracle when it comes to radiance, as it sure does work. I love to apply this on a Sunday night to look a little less 'ugh-its-monday' in the morning. The scent is also blinking divine - think juicy peaches and apricots. I'd happily eat it but I doubt it would taste the same as it smells.

The Pixi Glow Tonic was really hard to get hold of, unless you visited the Carnaby Street Store a while back. It's now available online but in different, less attractive packaging, although it's definitely what's inside that counts. I didn't think this did a heck of a lot, until I started ditching it from my routine and saw my skin become dull and flaky once again. You can probably guess I gave myself a kick up the backside and now it doesn't leave my bathroom shelf.

For an all-over radiant face base, the Dr Jart+ BB Cream is where it's at. It's a very marmite product, but I'm certainly in love with this blue tube of dewiness. It's a teensy bit dark for me, but I actually like it as it gives me a little tan without looking ridiculous because it is so sheer. I do have dry skin though, so perhaps on the more oily skinned amongst us the Bourjois CC Cream may be a better option?

The Barbara Daily Soft Focus Illiminator is a beautiful liquid highlight, in a pink/golden shade. A pump of this under, with or on top of foundation really does get the glow going, and I actually found this in my local Tesco beauty hall for £3.50. A quick tip here -  really spend some time in Tesco at the beauty section. They will often mark down items massively but the ticket will look the same as the rest, so they are easy to miss.

It seems the Kardashian Beauty line have cheek products down to a tee, as both products pictured are from the range of Khloé, Kim and Kourtney. The huge Cabana Bronze Waterproof Perfect Bronzer really does float my boat, and whenever I'm not wearing it I notice instantly because the effect of this is beautiful. The Kim Kardazzle Palette not only holds 8 perfect eyeshadows, it also houses three powders: two blushes and one highlight. The highlight really is something special, a yellow/gold hue that I always imagine Nars Albatross to look like.

So that concludes the round-up of my six radiant beautifiers. There's definitely room for expansion though - what would you recommend?

Megan x

6 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the Kardashian line but the bronzer looks lovely :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound lovely and thanks for leaving your link in last nights chat. I followed on bloglovin and love your blog!

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, you've made me really want to try the Kardashian line out. I haven't heard a great deal about it, and I think people can be a bit snobby about stuff involving that family, but whatever you think of them, their make up is always immaculate so I reckon their stuff would be pretty good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices, the Pixi Glow Tonic sounds amazing! I have the Seventeen Liquid Highlighter, Strobe Cream and Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick to give me a bit of a glow x

    Kat from Blushing Rose Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good glow! I use highlighters every day - I've been loving MAC Vanilla pigment at the moment

    http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x