Thursday, 24 April 2014

BOURJOIS CC CREAM


I think we can all agree that Bourjois know how to make a good base. I love their Healthy Mix Serum Foundation and have done for a while now, so when I discovered they had a 123 Perfect CC Cream (£9.99) on offer I was instantly sold. It seems everyone else is a bit over the alphabet cream trend, however I can't help but love them.

The shade I have is 32, which was the lightest available in my local Boots and truth be told, I thought it would be too dark. Luckily for me though, it was the perfect shade to match my body - I don't think I've ever found a base product this accurate to my skin tone. If you don't already know by now, my skin is normal/dry that scars way and easily. For that reason, I do have some purple/red marks on my cheeks but you'll be pleased to know this covered them with ease. If you've got some active breakouts going on I don't think this would be as high coverage as you may like, but with some concealer and powder I'd recommend this to everyone.

I tend to apply this with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, however I can't help but feel a less dense brush would be better for the job. Saying that, hands work just as well and this is definitely one I'd suggest for popping on in a rush. Once on the skin this blends brilliantly, and I'd say it has a light coverage. As you can see by the image of it on my face (which btw is the first time I've actually put myself on my blog - shall I continue doing so with foundation reviews etc?) a red blemish shows through slightly on my nose and my dark circles are still visible, but all in all it isn't too shabby for evening out skin tone.

The finish is really beautiful; natural but radiant and the closest to skin I've come across. I've fallen head over heels for this, and it has been my everyday base for at least a month now. Bourjois, you've produced another winner.

Megan x

7 comments:

  1. This sounds so lovely, but i think the packaging is a bit small :) xx

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing on you!! I definitely want to try it!!
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skin is flawless, very jealous! i've been wanting to try this for a while but still undecided if it would cover up every flaw on my skin
    http://thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so nice on your skin! I might have to try this :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so nice on you! May have to give this a try.

    beautyfullsparx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just started using it and love it, I think it's easily applied with fingers :) Looks great on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just recently purchased this but haven't used it yet! I can't wait to give it a try x
    ItsBubblyB

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x