Wednesday, 26 March 2014

NEW SHOES


I'm one of those people that have tiny ankles that no shoes seem to accommodate for. I'm a size 7/8 so nine times out of ten brands assume the larger your feet the larger your ankles. (Aren't I selling myself here...) Pfft. New Look is one of the few places I seem to find decent shoes in. Most places *cough cough H&M* have hardly any bigger sizes on the shelves... do people think that us ladies do not want fashionable shoezies?! Seriously, looking for new sandals becomes depressing, and don't even get me started on boots...

Mini rant aside, I seem to have hit the jackpot recently in New Look and I came away with two brand spanking new pairs to show for it.

The first are some Black Heeled Gladiator Sandals (£22.99). I was so surprised that these fitted, and I cannot wait to start wearing them with anything and everything, from rolled up jeans to floral dresses. Obviously, black was the most safe colour but what doesn't it go with? Universal is the word I'm thinking of here.

The second pair are a rather 'I don't know if I love them or hate them but they fit' purchase. On the New Look website they are called 'Black Double Strap Wooden Heel Sandals' (£19.99). I think with bare tanned legs (haha who am I kidding...) and a pretty summer dress these could be the bomb.com, but I also think they could work with slouchy rolled up jeans and a t-shirt. The only downside is that the wooden sole means they are SO hard on the tootsies. Compeed, here I come.

Overall, I'll most definitely take shoe scouts in New Look more often. For the price? Muy bueno, muy bueno.

Megan x

12 comments:

  1. I cant wait for it it to get hotter so I can start wearing my summery shoes!! Im definitely going to check out new look now :)
    http://littlebeautybloge.blogspot.co.uk/
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And frilly socks... I do love some good frilly socks haha :) x

      Delete
  2. I'm the opposite to you! I'm a size 5, but my feet are so wide! I can hardly ever find a shoe that fits.. but that first pair is lovely! x

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #footproblems haha! I really don't like shoe shopping, like 1 in 100 pairs fit!x

      Delete
  3. I LOVE New Look for shoes, the prices are amazing and they always fit well. I love your picks, gorgeous xxxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! PS I always notice you comment regularly, it really makes my day so thank you again!!x

      Delete
  4. I have size 8 feet too! I find it quite tricky to get well fitting shoes, I normally go to Asos but New Look are great too. The first pair of shoes are lovely <3

    http://sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woop I'm not alone! I feel like there's hardly any people with size 8 feet haha x

      Delete
  5. The left pair looks very much like my Kurt Geiger shoes - man they're so uncomfortable tho. Hope yours are better haha x

    Tereza // Cityscape Bliss: March favourites

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of them look fab. Stephen :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x