Friday, 14 March 2014

NEW BARRY M GELLY HIGH SHINES?


Whilst doing my Superdrug and Boots rounds, as I do every weekend, I came across these beautiful pastel babies from Barry M in Rose Hip and Huckleberry. I haven't seen many posts on them yet, but a quick google search shows a few swatches. I'm missing Sugar Apple, a mint *sobs* but that was no where to be seen on the shelf.

Barry M Gelly High Shines are highly glossy, pigmented nail shades that have quite an expansive line now. I own a few already, so seeing spring suited bottles made my heart skip a beat. Rose Hip is a very dainty pale pink, that makes Essie Fiji spring to mind (although I do not own said polish), whilst Huckleberry is a baby blue. This is more of a first impressions post (can you tell buy the awful paint job in the picture?) to show you the pretties as soon as possible. To reach opacity I used 3 coats, but two would probably have been sufficient. If you've had experience with these kind of colours before you'll agree that's very decent.

So now I'm sitting here, pondering with myself about which one to make my mani first. It appears I've gone spring mad... do you feel the same?

Megan x

20 comments:

  1. These look lovely! Shame about the mint, I will have to take a look next time I am in Superdrug!

    Charlotte xxx
    http://charlottesconfashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look like gorgeous shades! I love the pink especially :) xx
    Elise - www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous colours, I love me some pastels, especially for Spring!
    I'm really liking the Gelly Hi-shine's too, I'll probably pick up some pastels!:) xx
    corriearnold.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these shades...perfect for spring x

    thebeautyfairground.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, these are seriously gorgeous. Will definitely need to pick them up!

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need these shades, they are perfect for spring!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are making there way into my stash after seeing your photo :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty, need to add them to my collection! <3

    http://sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say I'm craving these new polishes from Barry M so much, I was super impressed with the original release of the gelly polishes.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW these look gorgeous && your nails are a great shape- I NEED! xxx



    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pastel shade, I'm so happy that we've finally got some new colors in the Gelly formula :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  12. The only shade I could find was sugar apple when I got mine, it's a gorgeous mint green shade! These both look gorgeous too, the hunt is on to find them now haha Great post lovely :)

    Stacey x - http://peace-loveandmake-up.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want Huckleberry, it's such a pretty shade! I like the Gelly formulas, and keep meaning to pick up a few more. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love pastels, these look gorgeous :-)

    Love, Christine♥
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are both so pretty! I love all things pastel or baby blue/pink xx

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg, they're both absolutely gorgeous! Shame you couldn't pick up the mint green one but the blue one is my favourite I think x

    Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in love with these colors! I don't think I have seen any colors as pretty and spring ready as these. I'm so sad I can't get Barry M in Denmark now, because these are you gorgeous!
    Tanja Mortensen

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these new shades, I still can't decide which one's my favourite or to wear first so I ended up with all three haha!

    Claudia xx | Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x