Sunday, 9 March 2014

EYE EYE


 Today is a short post including something I just had to share: I actually managed to create a winged eyeliner look successfully. I recently purchased the Maybelline Gel Eyeliner, but really I haven't used it as much as I would have liked because in the mornings there is no time for error - I cannot bring myself to go to school with eyes that look lopsided due to my bad application job.  However, Sunday was the perfect opportunity to get practicing and I couldn't have been more pleased with the result.

I'm also going to blow my own trumpet here and express how proud I am that I rode my bike without stabilizers... I didn't even use tape for the wing!

On the eyes I used the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette for a very simple matte look, and then focused on the Maybelline Gel Eyeliner in O1 Black with the Nanshy Precision Bent Eyeliner Brush* to create a prominent flick. Mascara I think was Max Factor False Lash Effect.

I can guarantee my eyeliner won't turn out like this next time, but I am very please with my small accomplishment. Beauty goals, eh?

Megan x

13 comments:

  1. I've just posted about this too - how weird! Although I have to say your flicks are much better than mine, your eyes look great x

    ReplyDelete
  2. one day, i will achieve a flick this good!

    www.zoewithumlauts.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice make up

    http://prettypurple92.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how hard these flicks are to get right, great look :) xx

    Anna-Maria | www.topdrawfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you're so good at winged eyeliner i still cant do it
    Fashion&BeautyTribes

    ReplyDelete
  6. My winged liner is different every single day! Yours looks really good :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous, I can literally never get it right - I'm sure I have weird shaped eyes or something!
    You've inspired me to give gel eyeliner another shot - I found the brush much too sharp and gave up, but I'm considering trying it out with another brush instead now!
    amyalaska
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks gorgeous, I'm rubbish at eyeliner to be honest even after years of practice x great post

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just had to say, your eyebrows are some of the best brows I have ever seen! x

    Dainty Desires // UK Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks amazing! I'm not a fan of gel eyeliner, we just don't get along too well, but I do give it that it makes beautiful wings. And your eyebrows are wonderful, are they naturally like that??
    xx

    www.kazetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes they're natural, I don't do anything but pluck and put clear brow gel on them. X

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x