Saturday, 22 March 2014

A LIGHTER FACE BASE


Although I'm sure we all love a flawless full coverage face (myself included), there's some occasions when it's a little too much. Hence, there's three products I favour for a lighter base.

BB Creams have been raved and ranted about, but I think I'm one of the few who are fans. Yes, some are seriously overrated and downright awful, but the Dr Jart Water Fuse BB Cream is the complete opposite. This 15 ml sample size has left me wanting more, as it provides a beautiful light coverage combined with a dewy finish. It only comes in one colour (why Dr Jart...?!) but I find it adapts to the correct tone for me with ease. A big thumbs up from my corner.

For concealer, I adore Mac Select Moisturecover. I got this in a blog sale and have almost finished the small tube. It's pricey, but it offers very good coverage and a dewy finish without being cakey or drying. I'm always telling myself to repurchase, but have never got round to it.

With two non-matte products, I do feel the need to powder a little. I favour the Maybelline Fit Me Powder for the job, because it reduces shine without leaving that 'flat' appearance.

Luminous? Check. Glowy? Check. Natural? Check. Mission accomplished.

Megan x

6 comments:

  1. I really want to try out the Fit Me Powder, I using Stay Matte at the moment but I doesn't work with my skin to well.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have stay matte too, but I think I prefer fit me! It's just a little more fine and natural :) x

      Delete
  2. That MAC concealer sounds dreamy, I should definitely try it sometimes soon!

    x Giada | The Beauty Recensionist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful! I need to repurchase when I can :) x

      Delete
  3. I need to try the BB cream is sounds lovely, a great little trio <3

    http://sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Esme! It's so gorgeous, I didn't think I'd love it as much as I do! xx

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x