Tuesday, 11 February 2014

SWITCHING UP THE STASH



As my makeup collection continues to grow, I find it hard to rotate everything evenly so I don't forget about things. My stash can no longer be contained in a pretty makeup bag and is now sprawled throughout my room most days. However, I have come up with a little plan for myself: every Sunday I take the time to chose my face for the next week, and organise everything nicely in my little narrow Muji drawers. I find this so handy and the neat freak inside me likes it a heck of a lot.

As you can see, I put all face and cheek products in one section and eyes and lips in the bottom. If you're forever using way too many products for a look, this is a great way to cut down on the amount. This week I have chosen to use some of my newer purchases and a few old favourites. The contents is as follows: Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Vanilla, Barbara Daly Illuminator in Soft Focus, Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair, Dainty Doll Paper Roses Cream Blush and lastly for the top half, the Kardashian Beauty Cabana Bronzer.

For eyes and lips in the below pull-out the products are: Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Super Natural, Dainty Doll Lipstick in Baby Love, Max Factor Clump Defy Waterproof Mascara, Avon Eye Primer, Anastasia Lavish Palette, Urban Decay Naked Basics, and a Maybelline Black Gel Liner.

I'm hoping that as a combined team, these products will help me achieve a classic, fresh pink look for the following days. I've also included a nude lip, which is so not normal for me! They'll be a post on the combo shortly.

If you enjoyed this edit, it can certainly be made a little series and be done every week. How does that sound?

Megan x

11 comments:

  1. Such a great idea if you own a lot of makeup!
    Lovely post :)
    Sarah x
    www.alittlespaceforeverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I have had he same issue with my collection expanding since I started blogging. If it gets any bigger this is definitely something I'll try.

    Becca x

    http://perfectlypolishedpaws.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine has grown so quickly, it's bad actually hahha!x

      Delete
  3. I've been switching my make up lately as I have so many products. Also being on a spending ban means I can't buy any new ones so using lots up to make space for when my spending ban finshes ha. Love this post.

    Chels xx

    http://chelsbeautyandfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww the organisation freak inside me has just let out a little excited squeal! Great idea!! xx

    Kate | raspberrycheeks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try the Nearly Naked foundation, it's been on my wish list for ages but I always bypass it because I'm so scared of going for a foundation with sheer coverage, is it buildable?x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post. I had to edit my recently as well since it got out of hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Need to do the same with my makeup, gonna follow your advice :)
    xx http://marybloomy.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  8. I brought out the Nearly Naked foundation again and I'm liking it more this time compared to when I first purchased it last year. I'm excited to use it in the spring again.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  9. Naked Basics and Rimmel Wake me up! - my ultimate favourites!
    Great review lovely!
    A.
    letterstoa.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x