Monday, 24 February 2014

SWITCHING UP THE STASH #2


As my first one of these posts went down well, I'm going to try and make it a weekly thing to show you the products that I'm hoping to get some use out of.

For face, an old favourite in the form of the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation is going to make an appearance. I'm almost out of this so I'm trying to use it up instead of having a nearly empty bottle hanging around. Concealer is pretty mandatory, the same items essential items that barely change which are the Benefit Erase Paste and the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. To set it all, I'll be using the Maybelline Fit Me Powder if I'm feeling fancy, as I normally never bother. I'm really loving bronzer at the moment so my new purchase of the Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer had to be included. And it's true - it smells amazing. Blush is a two-in-one kind of pan this week, with the Stila Positively Pink Cheek Palette doubling as highlight and colour - I do love a good multi-tasker.

It seems I'm on a cream eye kick, as in the draw lies the Avon Supershock Vivid Liquid Eyeshadow in Chromed Cocoa and the Benefit Cream Eyeshadow in Bikini-Tini. The first product mentioned has been in my collection for quite a while, and I never got around to using it properly. That's why I'm enjoying doing this weekly, I find things I forgot I had! The latter is a perfect all-over slick of champagne, if I'm feeling extra lazy. The Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in Nude is a really nifty stick for brightening tired eyes (perfect for me) so could not be left out, and for mascara, I'm trying to get some use out of the Covergirl Volume Exact Hydrofuge Waterproof. I got this in TKMaxx, used it the other day after abandoning it for weeks and was super impressed, so I'm looking forward to coating my lashes in it.

For lips, I've got a sample of a Pixi Gloss which is beautiful, I just wish the shade was on it! I might have to take it with me next time I go to London and see if the staff in the store can help find which one it is, but if it's any help to you I'd describe it as a peachy nude shimmer. I've also got a Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss there for either underneath or as an alternative for windy weather. No one likes the hair stuck in lips look...

Megan x

4 comments:

  1. Love this storage, I want acrylic drawers so bad!
    I've been loving the bourgeois foundation and the babylips lip balm (:
    Also, love your blog btw x


    http://hollybumblebeee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, I really enjoy seeing other people's make up collections!
    I'm also a massive fan of the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation and I've nearly run out too, have a few new foundations on my shopping list which I'm excited about purchasing!
    I'm holding a giveaway on my blog and would love for you to check it out - click here to enter my MAC giveaway :)
    Daniela xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to use up the rest of my healthy mix! It's a good foundation that, been neglecting it of late though! Great post!

    www.champagnetote.blogspot.co.uk X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post hun, and loving the storage box I'm hoping to get a similar one as I'm being over run with makeup now :)

    Anna-Maria | www.topdrawfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x