Tuesday, 4 February 2014

NANSHY 7 PIECE EYE BRUSH SET



 I think I speak on behalf of a huge beauty blogger percentage when I say that Real Techniques stole my heart for brushes and I do still feel that way. However, I think it is amazing to see another brand rivalling the cult classics in the form of Nanshy. Nanshy is 100% cruelty free, with beauty tools offering soft synthetic bristles that are vegan approved. I'm sure that's music to your ears.

I was sent the Eye Brush Set* to review, which contains 7 different brushes, all of which are high quality and very handy to have in my collection.


Large Shader - This looks so cliché, but it is actually different from the others I own. It is slightly bigger, a little more dense and oval from the top. This makes is great for application with my Bobbi Brown Corrector, or Benefit Erase Paste to whack on the coverage. It also performs well in terms of its purpose, to 'shade'.

Flat Definer - I'm not totally in love with this one, as I can't really find a good enough purpose for it. I've tried using it to push a little dark shadow into the lash line which worked okay, but it is perhaps a little large for that.

Angled Definer - I can imagine this would be a good one for brows, but I can't comment as that's something I don't do. It does a better job at defining the lash line with deeper shades than the previous brush though! If I'm being harsh, I will say that this brush is quite typical and one you can find for a couple of quid elsewhere. Saying that, the quality is great.

Precise Bent Eyeliner - I adore this concept. If you've ever struggled with liner, you must try this. I've only used it a few times as I don't have a decent gel liner to partner it with, but so far so good. It's a great size and so easy to use due to the angle. I'm now going to buy a decent eyeliner to go with it!


Blending Eyeshadow Brush - great for some natural shading (think less precise crease). It is a little too dense to blend with for my personal preference, but still is very useful nonetheless. It's a good all-over-colour brush too, when you're feeling a little lazy!

Eye Crease - This is like the younger sister of the previous brush, but slightly more tapered. This is good for a little outer v action, to create depth and smokey-ness. (Yes, that is now a word.) I don't own a brush similar to this, as the others I have are either larger or smaller. One of my favourites from the set.

Tapered Crease - if you've ever struggled with a cut crease, this will be your right-hand man. It is also great for smudging lower lash line colour and highlighting the usual eye areas. Once again, I think this wins my heart as one of the best.

I am yet to wash these brushes (naughty me, I swear I procrastinate too much) but so far I've experienced no shedding. I'll update the post if I ever find that the bristles start popping out everywhere.

Overall, I am very pleased with these brushes and how they perform. It is lovely to see another budget brand out there, especially being cruelty free. This set costs £29.95, so that is around £4.28 a brush. They can also be purchased individually at £5.95 each. Stockists can be viewed here. (They are available in other countries too!) Utterly bargainous.

*PR sample.


12 comments:

  1. i have this thing about blending eyeshadow brushes - is that weird? this set looks great for them! :)

    www.zoewithumlauts.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I don't think it's that weird haha ;-) xx

      Delete
  2. Aww I need this set in my life!! Great post lovely xx

    Kate | raspberrycheeks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this set - the brushes are such good quality. The eye crease brush is a favourite of mine too, and I find the flat definer works best when you're adding colour to the lower lash line! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I'll have to try the flat definer for that Kathryn!xx

      Delete
  4. I have never heard of this brand, but might have to research into it! x

    http://alicefinds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of Nanshy brushes but they sound really good! Thanks for sharing =) Really like your blog too btw- having lots of fun reading your posts! xx

    Beautee Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve been looking for a good set of eye brushes, these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited to get my hands on these in the next couple of weeks, thanks for sending me your blog link during one of the twitter chats, now following

    Gemma
    ButtonsBlog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x