Thursday, 13 February 2014

MY FAVOURITE LIP PRODUCTS





I'm a picky one when it comes to lips. I don't do sticky, overly matte or too pale. I own hardly any lipsticks, but what fills most of my lip product draw is the hybrid-type balm colour. My favourite of all has to be the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains.

I own three colours: Lovesick, Honey and Rendezvous. These retail at £7.99 which is a great reasonable price and an amount I am definitely willing to pay for more. I know the lacquer balms and matte balms are now surfacing which excites me greatly, and there's no doubt that I'll end up with a couple in the next few weeks.

Lovesick is one of the only brights I'll actually wear because it fades evenly, feels moistursing on the lips and gives good pigmentation that is buildable. Honey would probably make it into my 'Top 10 Beauty Products That Ever Existed'. I'll be so cliché here and say it really is a your lips but better shade, which makes it very wearable and school appropriate. There's no wonder the nib is a sorry stub now. Rendezvous is slightly questionable. I don't know what I was thinking when I purchased this shade, but I cannot wait to wear it some more come Spring and Summer. Keep your eyes peeled.

I'll keep it short and sweet because I'm sure you've all heard enough about these already. I think you can see my love for them as they're looking a little worse for wear, but it doesn't bother me at all. They're like a trio of sentimental childhood teddy bears for me. In fact, Rendezvous was one of my first proper makeup items I purchased, when they just released and were on an introductory offer. A little trip down memory lane for you there.

Megan x

6 comments:

  1. This formula is so amazing - I'm totally hooked on the matte look :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shades I have one and love it
    Carrieanne x

    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these, too! I have more pigmented lips so the darker half of the Balm Stain color range works best for me, but Lovesick is also one of my favorites. Crush comes to mind as another that I really love.

    www.beautyloon.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm.. I never really got excited about the Revlon balm stains so never actually got one but if revlons on offer next time then I might consider trying one.

    Kookii || The Beauty Diary♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I own lovesick too and feel exactly the same way about it! Usually I tend to go for the more muted pinks/nude colours and I love the way this looks when applied. I also like how you can wear it underneath other lipsticks to mute down the colour but also make your lipstick last longer!

    Lovely post!
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 020 Lovesick passionate is my favorite. I brought it the first on my friends suggestion and I fell in love with that one. But I can't use it for a few days as I am recovering from a lip lift surgery along with a lower face lift. I can't wait to recover completely so that I can go out and hang out with my friends with my favorite brand of lipstick on my lips.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x