Monday, 17 February 2014

MAYBELLINE GEL EYELINER




I love the smudged, smokey eyeliner look but sometimes I crave a cleaner flick and a teeny wing. I have already written about my Barry M Blink Waterproof Eyeliner Pen (love that stuff), but I wanted to be a bit adventurous and try something a little more difficult. Hence, I purchased the Maybelline Gel Eyeliner in Black.

What I love about this is the intense, deep colour. This stuff is seriously pigmented and longlasting, exactly the things I look for in this type of product. It makes me feel really artistic, whipping my angled brush out and painting on my eyeliner. The only thing is, I'm not an artist and I have messed this up on so many occasions in the mornings as I've done it so drastically, horribly, lopsidedly wrong. So, I take myself back to square one and start again - the frustration.

However, when I get it right, I LOVE this stuff. It gives such a clean and polished appearance which I adore immensely, and I must say, it was worth the small £7.99. To apply, I mix between three brushes: a random angled one from H&M, the Nanshy Precision Bent Eyeliner Brush and the Nanshy Angled Definer. I'm still riding my bike with stabilisers and using some tape to ensure a perfect flick though.

I'm no makeup pro, so I have been struggling with applying this and nine times out of ten I end up with a line that covers my whole eyelid. But, practice sure does make perfect so I'll continue my training on this one in a bid to make it work.

Megan x

Follow on Bloglovin


15 comments:

  1. I'm not very good at working with gel liners - I seem to get it everywhere. The color looks lovely, intense and glossy :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love this liner :) practice certainly does make perfect with it, so keep going - I love the results of it and I'm seriously impressed with the colour, longevity etc!
    danielascribbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Live this liner! Such a bold line every time! Much better than felt tip versions I've tried xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing on you, and you're so good at doing eyeliner! I get mine everywhere lol x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this gel liner! Mine has gone quite dry though so I think it's time to get a new one.

    Kookii || The Beauty Diary♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have it and I really like it; I feel the key to have a perfect line is the majority of the time in the right brush, which I haven't found yet. I used to like some angled ones, but now I want to try the new RT eyeliner brush since I feel like I could get a more precise line out of it!

    x Giada | The Beauty Recensionist

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flick on this image is beautiful! I love this product too, but I also have a hard time getting it perfect or make both eyes look similar. I also find it easier when I lean my head back while doing it, but maybe I should try the tape :)

    http://tanjamortensen.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this eyeliner, it's my go-to gel eyeliner! great post!

    http://www.porcelainbeautyx.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this eyeliner so much but I also have the same problem when applying it sometimes, it frustrates me so much!x

    electra-violet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep up with the practice - once you get used to it then you'll wonder how you survived without this little beauty :) xx

    D Is For...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard a lot of really good things about this. And the packaging is wicked cute! I will totes have to give this a shot.

    xo, Rebecca

    wednesdaypress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this eyeliner and absolutely adore it, I actually find it easier than felt tip liners, but is it just me? I recommend the real techniques precision eyeliner brush for the application of this xx
    www.emilybelleblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to try this stuff!
    Had gel before but it was cheap so wasnt that good.

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're so good at applying eyeliner! Mine looks terrible compared to yours, haha xx
    Elise - www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The eyeliner looks great on you, wish I could apply it that well! Practice does indeed make perfect, however I think you've practically cracked it :)

    Frankie x
    Curiouser and Curiouser

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x