Sunday, 9 February 2014

LONDON AND LOCAL BEAUTY HAUL



Last weekend I had a lovely time in London on a girly weekend with my mum and nan. The shops in the capital are so tempting, so I managed to come away with a few things and then even more recently I had a little shopping time in Boots, Superdrug and TKMaxx. I had saved for a while so I don't feel *too* guilty about this one. This post could go on for a while, so I'll be so cliché and recommend you get yourself a cup of tea and a biscuit so you do not dehydrate or get hungry in the time it takes you to read this - bare with me.

In London, in the Boots of Piccadilly Circus (actually not the most impressive in terms of cosmetics selection) I saw that Philosophy still had some Christmas stock left. I came away with a £7 Peppermint Stick Shower Gel, that smells divine and foams so nicely in the shower.

After reading so many great reviews about the Rimmel Scandaleyes Nude Eyeliner, I had to buy it and somehow Bronze came home with me too. They were on an offer at £2.99 a piece.

Carnaby Street is hands down my favourite shopping destination in London, and Brandy Melville has just opened there. I find it ridiculous that everything is one size though, so I purchased a new phone case instead. I'm such a Mean Girls fanatic that anything with 'you can't sit with us' must be mine, so I paid a very reasonable £8 for this. I also popped into Liberty, trying to hunt down the treasure that is the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. The counter lady was lovely, not at all pressuring and even took the time to pop some of Vanilla and Chantilly under my eyes, discuss shades and then even out both sides, despite the fact that my preferred colour was out of stock. I've had cream eyeshadow applied to one eye at a Benefit counter before, so I was very grateful that she cared enough to make me look presentable, not lopsided.

From New Look, which all the products above are laying on, I purchased a pastel pink oversized coat for £54.99. I adore this and now feel right at home on the spring coat bandwagon, albeit a little lighter in the purse area.

 In my favourite ever store, TKMaxx, a whole array of Percy & Reed goodies graced the shelves. I got the heat protectant at £4.99 and a set of minis for £9.99. I won't go on about TKMaxx any more because I'm sure you all know how much I love the place.

From my local Boots I got the new Collection Nude Eyeshadow Palette (£2.99), Collection Deluxe Lipstick in Tallulah (£2.99), Revlon Supernatural Lipgloss (£2 in the clearance) and a Trevor Sorbie Dry Shampoo (£1 in the clearance). They were all complete impulse purchases... naughty.

My only Superdrug buy was the MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder (£3.00). I'm lacking on the illumination front recently so I had an excuse to buy another cheek product.. I seem to be ignoring the fact that I have nowhere to store it as my draw is full though!

The Body Shop had an offer on where selected body mists were half price, so £3.75. I have the perfume of the White Musk Smokey Rose so a body spray just had to be bought and I can now reunite them on my dressing table.

Lastly (I told you this was a long one) I got a few nail polishes from Avon. These were given to me by my auntie (thank you!) and I love the shades and the bottles.

So, that concludes my haul for the mean time. I've got a craving to visit the Tesco beauty area soon, therefore I cannot promise that is all for now. If you're still reading now, thank you. It feels like I'm writing in the style of my older posts again!

Megan x


9 comments:

  1. Ah you did really well I use Percy and reed and its fab

    Laura xx

    Libertylovesmakeup.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are a lot of great beauty goodies, but I can't lie I'm mostly lusting after that adorable case! haha!
    Kallie @ But First Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  3. that collection eyeshadow palette looks really pretty! i absolutely love a haul post.. :3

    www.zoewithumlauts.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome nail polish bottles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in LOVE with your new phone case! Also, I have heard so many good things about the philosophy body washes, they look lovely!

    Charlotte xxx
    http://charlottesconfashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. you got some lovely stuff!! IN LOVE WITH THE PHONE CASE.

    Taylor xxx

    www.taylorscollectionn.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of Percy and Reed, but that mini set looks great... and their packaging is so nice. I wonder if we have them here I'm Canada!
    Great little haul :)

    xo Sharon | undertheblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome haul babe, I want that phone case aha.
    Some lovely bits, gorgeous pictures.

    www.paigespreferences.com xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x