Sunday, 23 February 2014

HANDBAG HEROES


I would actually say I'm a light traveller handbag wise. I much prefer shoulder and cross body offerings as I only moan if I've got a weighty yet gorgeous carrier in the crook of my arm. Therefore, there's not much room for beauty items. Generally I won't even carry as much as pictured above, unless it is my school bag that sits in my locker all day, and I don't have to carry it round. So, there's been some pretty tough auditions from these little contestants for a permanent place in my everyday luggage. Just a few bare essentials and boom. Done.

No one loves to have oily roots, which is why I always try and make sure I've got a dry shampoo on me for those instances.  I've been packing the Percy & Reed Dry Shampoo to combat that. I haven't tried enough to form an opinion on it yet, but failing that it will be a can of the trusty Batiste. I'd recommend a hair brush in tow too though (try saying that out loud), at least a fold out compact one if you're opting for the latter. Gurl, you need to make sure you disperse that all evenly.

A lip balm has been in my daily essentials forever. I remember my first one, either a fruity scented Chapstick or Lypsl around the age of 5. Whenever I was at the chemist counter I'd make sure my mum got me a new one, the colours attracting me the most. Anyway, I've moved on to the heavy weight moisturisers now, and I'm rarely seen without my Burts Bees type or the Nivea Milk & Money favourite.

I'm very jealous of the American boys and girls with easy access to rollerball fragrances in the likes of Sephora. Us deprived Brits (haha) hardly get our hands on any unless they come in a gift set, which this Nicki Minaj Pink Friday one did. I have the full size and love it so a 5ml mini was much appreciated.

Being a regular contact lense wearer, I always keep my Blink Eye Drops close by. Sometimes towards the end of the day my peepers feel a little dry which is where these come in handy.

I felt like I had to include the trusty drugstore loyalty cards as I know how annoying it can be to forget them. There's not much to say about these really, other than save your points! I've got a tenner on my Boots card, and I'm debating whether or not to get L'Oreal True Match with them. The dilemma...

Finally, hand sanitizer. My favourite is from Cuticura, in the form of the Passion Flower and Mango variation. Squeaky clean, delicious smelling hands are a must.

Megan x

Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. Love the rollerball perfume, such a great idea! x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to take it around, I'll be sad when it runs out!x

      Delete
  2. Great bits you have there hun xx

    Anna-Maria | www.topdrawfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely things in your bag!
    xx
    myrunwayfashionworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, I love to see what other people carry around in their handbags. What a good idea to carry dry shampoo around with you, I may have to start doing that. I always have a lip balm of some sort and a hand santiser in my bag as well.

    Carrie | CazmosWorld

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying out the Percy and Reed dry shampoo too, I love most of their stuff, and this one is going well so far. It seems far easier to use than Batiste! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been caught out many-a-time with white hair after applying my Batiste dry shampoo! I really need to remember to take a few seconds out to massage it in...
    I'm holding a giveaway on my blog and would love for you to enter :) - MAC GIVEAWAY
    Daniela xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post - I would definitely recommend picking up the L'Oreal True Match Foundation, it's one of my favourites (even competing against some high end offerings), PLUS, Boots have a three for two on at the moment... it would be rude not to take advantage!

    Heather | porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried the percy and reed dry shampoo yet but I love their mousse! Fab essentials xx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always bring around lip balms as well! xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely need to start putting a dry shampoo in my handbag, sometimes my hair can go so flat!
    http://thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x