Sunday, 2 February 2014

CREAM CHEEKS

I have a whole array of gorgeous powder blushes, bronzers, and highlighters, but recently I have been preferring more of a dewy appearance - they're the glow getters of my routine at current. Here's the cheek trio to blame:



Bronzer/Contour - For a little sculpting, I have been into the Bourjois Bronzing Primer, which I don't use at all to prime. I like to apply this as a cream bronzer, with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for some colour and shadow. I can never understand how this looks so natural on the skin - literally as if you've taken a sunny holiday for a week.

Blush - I don't tend to have favourites when it comes to cream blushes (I feel as if I am insulting my other cream bush children), but one of the most affordable options are from MUA, in the form of their Blush Perfection line (£2 each). The colour featured is Bittersweet, a nice fresh barbie pink.

Highlight - MeMeMe has vanished from my Superdrug *sobs* so it is almost like a walk down memory lane with this one - the Beat the Blue Highlighter. I know many people say this is a Benefit High Beam dupe, but I can't really comment on that front as I have never owned it. However, I can confidently say this is a good 'un. For an all over glow you can even mix it with your foundation, and I always get compliments on my skin when wearing this.

So, those were my three cheek musketeers of the moment; and I blimmin' love them.

Megan x



22 comments:

  1. I love the look of the MUA cream blushers, I really should get one since they're such a bargain! I only own 1 cream blush so my collection must grow.. Nor do I own a bronzer but the Bourjois one sounds lovely and natural!

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Bourjois one! It's the perfect shade, you can't go wrong!x

      Delete
  2. I'd love to try the Bourjois bronzing primer, even though I have to confess it looks a bit scary in the pot! :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that too, it's quite hard to get wrong though!x

      Delete
  3. cream cheek products scare me.. i always feel like i'll apply too much! especially bronzer on my crazy pale face :P

    www.zoewithumlauts.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My skin has been super pale too, but worn right it makes such a difference :) x

      Delete
  4. That highlighter looks great! I have a slight obsession so I may have to wait a bit before indulging in another one. Great post :)

    www.phoebetea.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I find it quite hard to come across a good drugstore one sometimes though x

      Delete
  5. I love cream cheek products, that highlighter is beautiful :) x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good for a dewier look!x

      Delete
  6. These look great! Must try that cream blush from MUA! Thanks for the post :)

    kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh lovely review and great photos of fab looking products -I have followed your blog and would love it if you popped across to mine to say hi.
    I am at http://www.lippylikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Completely agree with the bourjois bronzing primer, love it! I have actually been using it under foundation too lately and love it even more

    http://thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try that more often, I rarely fake tan but if I do I apply this to my face instead, some fake tans can break me out but this definitely doesn't! :) x

      Delete
  9. I love those blushes!! I was eyeing up the MUA cream blush today x

    http://lipstickandsparkles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a massive sucker for cream blushes, they're all I wear in spring/summer! Going to have to get my hands on that Bourjois bronzing primer too, I saw it a while back and meant to buy it, but had forgotten all about it!
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I think I have enough cream blushes yet I still want more haha :) x

      Delete
  11. That bronzing primer looks so nice and mousse-y. I love cream blushes, but they end up looking greasy,so I wonder if Bourjois has cream blushes.

    Little Bit Pixie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yes Bourjois does, I haven't tried them but I was meaning too and forgot! You've reminded me! *goes on to boots.com* ;) x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x