Sunday, 5 January 2014

THE SKINCARE REVAMP

I'm sure you've all heard of Caroline Hirons. If not, then where have you been these past months?! She is a true skincare genius with a very helpful blog to guide us all into a blemish free, radiant face. Reading her posts inspired me to get my backside in gear and take good care of my skin. This isn't a review post, more like a 'here's what I hope will get me through the winter' ramble. Enjoy.


Pixi Glow Tonic - Seeing this on the shelves of the Carnaby Street Pixi store made my heart skip a beat. Chemical exfoliants have intrigued me recently, and for £16 this was a good price. I've been using this as a toner, to hopefully keep my skin radiant and healthy looking.

Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask - I got this as part of the Mask Marvels trio from Origins, and although I've only used it a handful of times, I'm already very impressed. I'm really looking forward to using this more often. Plus, it smells incredible, like apricots and peaches and all kinds of loveliness.

Hydraluron - I've had this on my imaginary wish list for a long time, mainly because of my dry skin that just looks dull. I know this is pretty much a cult classic, and although I can see results already, I need the perfect moisturiser to go with it. Can you recommend any?

Occo Dalmacija No1 Gentle Soft Wax Cleanser - I discovered this in TKMaxx for £3, with an RRP of £28.00. This will be my first experience with a balm-type cleanser so we'll see how it goes on this front. It is also contains 95% natural ingredients and 100% natural fragrances - that can't be a bad thing?

The only negative here is that with more skincare comes a lighter purse, and less storage room. Fingers crossed it's all worth it!

Megan x

16 comments:

  1. One of the best moisturisers ever for me is Estée lauder's Hydrationist it plumps your skin amazingly well and keeps it nice and hydrated all day long. Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love skincare, and you've picked some great items here. Never tried that cleanser though, and wow what a great price you got it for! x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'll have to keep an eye out for some more!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. What a bargain for that cleanser, I love finding great stuff in TKMaxx. I've never tried a balm cleanser either! And the pixi glow tonic is on my wishlist as I've heard amazing stuff about it!

    Kathryn x
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TkMaxx is definitely my favourite place to shop!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. I am dying to try the pixi tonic! and hydraluron - great picks! I've used my origins mask a handful of times and I am scared to use it again just in case it was the product that broke me out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! Everyone's skin is different which is why it is hard to recommend products - you never know what will work and what won't :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. Lovely picks! When I do hydraluron and drink it up, my skin loves it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! Hydraluron doesn't last long though, they need bigger tubes!

      Megan x

      Delete
  6. I'm also thinking of revamping my skincare routine, but I'm waiting to, hopefully, go to London again this year, so that I can get a few things like Ginzing moisturizer and Pixi glow tonic :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yes I've heard great things about that moisturiser! *puts onto wishlist*

      Megan x

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I know, I can't believe I haven't tried it before now!

      Megan x

      Delete
  8. I've been wanting to try out the Pixi Glow Tonic, I've heard only good things!

    Thank you for sending me your blog link in the chat on sunday :) I have now followed you on Bloglovin' and can't wait to read more!

    If you fancy a peek I'm over at www.lotsofloveme.blogspot.co.uk - I'm hoping this is the year I start to get my big following (fingers and toes crossed!)

    Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Vicky!

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x