Wednesday, 29 January 2014

THE EVERYDAY EYE



Since I got sent some Nanshy brushes, I've been putting them to good use and actually setting myself a little routine for my everyday peepers. Normally I do everything on a whim: a little brown liner if I feel like it, some smokey bronze when I can be bothered and occasionally some eyebrow filling-in occurs. However, now I have gathered the best of the best together and decided have my own little eye ultimate team.

I always like to use a cream base, which in this case is the Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Bikini-Tini. This is longlasting and gives a nice champagne tint to the lids to help adhere everything on top. Plus, the packaging is gorgeous. I then use a Soap & Glory shimmery champagne eyeshadow on top which is from a palette that contains some brighter colours. I absolutely love the shade but it's a little inconvenient (which is why it is not pictured). Can you recommend any champagne coloured single eyeshadows? I then dive in with various crease brushes to try and add some definition. I mainly use Naked2 from the UD Naked Basics and then go a little deeper on a smaller brush with Faint. I do a spot of highlighting with the lighter matte shades on the brow bone and use an angled brush with Venus for the inner corner.

Using the Barry M Blink Waterproof Eyeliner Pen, I *attempt* to do a small, natural wing. Take that with a pinch of salt though, because the majority of the time I mess it up and wish I never tried. For mascara, I use the Max Factor Clump Defy Waterproof which I highly recommend, but forgot to photograph. If I'm feeling a little fancy and have some extra time, I'll dig out the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara as well.

To complete the look and 'frame' the face, I lightly fill in my brows with an Anastasia pencil in Dark Brown that came with the Lavish palette and pop some clear mascara from MUA on top to set. I don't mess with my brows too much because they're literally my prized possessions, albeit a little uncontrollable sometimes.

Megan x


10 comments:

  1. I love the Urban Decay Basics palette. Just great every day neutrals.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the Urban Decay Basics so badly, might need to be my next purchase after seeing this beautiful, simple, eye look! x
    http://agirlbehindalens.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow this is gorgeous! The Barry M eyeliner pen looks great :) Love how you do your wing!
    L xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks such a pretty look. I've been so close to buying the benefit cream eyeshadow but never have. I'll be tempted to actually buy it now!

    Kate xo / www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My everyday eye is just eyeliner pencil cause I cba putting in too much effort, but this looks lovely, I should put in more effort into my everyday makeup >.<

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is pretty much what I do with my eye make up too but with different products :)) Looks really lovely and simple, which is always my favorite.

    Chamomile Dealer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how simple this looks! & how gorgeous is your eye colour?! Beautiful eyes xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Naked Basics is one of my absolute fave palettes :) Wish I had brows like that :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful eye look! I have yet to bite the bullet and get the Naked Basics, but I have had my eye on it for a while! The creme shadow also looks beautiful! :)

    xo, Rebecca

    wednesdaypress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x