Sunday, 12 January 2014

STILA SMUDGE STICK EYELINERS




Stila is a brand I have tried little of, so when I laid eyes on their sale I was well and truly obsessed. This eyeliner quintet cost me £6.25, which is now sadly out of stock in most (if not all) places. I still wanted to share the goodness though, because it seems a reoccuring set every year and *apparently* three of the shades are from the core line. However, I can only find Moray to be permanent in the UK. I hope you don't mind, I was so excited to review these so it's quite disappointing that they're not easy to get hold of.

Each eyeliner is twist up, which is really handy because there's no need to use a sharpener and waste lots of colour. However, the mechanism seems really strange and it takes a long time to surface more product, which I know many people have complained about before. The eyeliner stick feels cheap, very plastic and light. It's a good job that what's inside counts!

The formula of these eyeliners is so creamy, yet it sets quickly and stays put. And I do mean, stays put. They don't call them 'waterproof' for nothing.  The shades are very pigmented, but most importantly, an absolute dream to apply and blend. The colours are as follows:

Moray - an olive golden hue. (permanent)
Tetra - a shimmery medium purple.
Angelfish - nude sheen.
Oscarfish - shimmery bronze (my favourite).
Stargazer - black with silver sparkle.

I think the swatches above do them justice. I was literally mesmerised when I had them on my hand, albeit slightly frustrated trying to remove them a few minutes later! Truth be told, I wouldn't pay £13 for these individually, when you can get Rimmel Scandaleyes for £3.99. However, if you can find this set anywhere for a bargain price, don't hesitate to buy it, or you'll be missing an complete steal!

Megan x

PS. Stila has free delivery on all orders so if something else takes your fancy in the sale, you can look here.

13 comments:

  1. Ahh these arrived on my doorstep yesterday, can't wait to play with them! They look so pigmented and creamy! Lovely review :)
    Would love for you to check out my blog - danielascribbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I was very impressed by the formula :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. I got this set last year in the sale and I love them! Especially the brown and the nude, I use them all the time! Great review :) x
    AlisonSpeaksBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the brown and nude are definitely working their way into my everyday eye!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. Great set, and an amazing price! Don't think I'd buy them at the full price but they look beautiful x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  5. The formula seems amazing and the shades are all so pretty! Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that they're wearable too!

      Megan x

      Delete
  6. I got Moray in a Glossybox a couple of years ago and it's beautiful, the other shades look just as lovely! x

    Kat from Blushing Rose Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look beautiful! I might try out the scandal eyes ones if they are as good! These look so wearable!
    Charlotte xxx

    http://charlottesconfashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just bought the Stila 'In the light' palette which comes with a smudge stick and I was genuinely so taken aback with how good it was, so soft and so easy to use. I had no idea that they did these in a pack so I'm gutted they're sold out :(. Moray looks sooo gorgeous.

    Rosie
    x

    therunwayrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a couple of these, a black and a brown one and they are really nice and pigmented. Might have to look into getting some more of the colours.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x