Sunday, 19 January 2014

STILA BREAST CANCER AWARENESS DUO





During my recent order from Stila, I could not resist the Breast Cancer Awareness Palette and Lip Glaze. I'm sure it's a cause dear to many of our hearts, with a 'portion of proceeds' being donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.I'm not sure this was the case as I snagged this in the sale for £3.25, but you can still find the cheek palette easily for £10 which I think is a brilliant price.

The embossed design on the powder is a very pretty touch for the cause. The colour consists of a matte bright pink and shimmery segments, which together leave such a fresh sheen on the cheeks that is longlasting too. I'm sure you can see in the swatches that the pink section is not the most pigmented, but that isn't all a bad thing as it leaves us heavy handed applicators on the safe side from the 'aunt sally' rosy cheeks. With a neutral eye and pink gloss lip, this shade works wonders and really suits my complexion, as I can imagine it would on most. 

The lip glaze is in 'Splendor', a slightly iridescent pink that is super glossy but a teeny bit sticky. Glosses and I have never been the best of friends, especially on windy days but this shade has gotten me to pay more attention to the stuff. This is also quite longlasting due to its tackiness, which is quite a nice thing as you don't have to reapply often. However, truth be told I'm rather lazy on that front and topping up makeup in general.

The cheek palette can be purchased individually for £10 on a range of sites, and the duo for £13 which is instock here.

Megan x


8 comments:

  1. they are very pretty shades of pink , nice review hun
    The Inked Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  2. the blush looks really nice and natural. glad they've done something towards breast cancer
    Gemma Taylor-Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks gorgeous, just my colour!

    Laura
    www.whatlauralovesuk.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shade is so lovely and I love the pattern on it too! Stila really does make good products.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are stunning! I've never tried stila products but they are definitely on my wish list!
    Sophy xo | Lashes and Splashes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the blush, the shades are nice and subtle.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x